Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Awww man...chest pain...crap...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mixelplik, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Okay,

so I've only been back smoking for five months...maybe once or twice a day tops. Long hiatus been years and even when I did it before it wasn't for long. I've been noticing lately that my chest has been hurting after a couple bowls...

Now here's the thing...

I have Mitro Valve Prolapse...I know I know...

I was morbidly obese...lost all the weight...changed diet...more active...

my cholesterol is fine...blood pressure has always been slightly high, assuming from the MVP...

I started smoking to relieve my stress and deal with high blood pressure stuff as well as the moods that come with these things (father of three)...

Needless to say, doing an internet search for "chest pain and marijuana" is enough to scare the shit out of any smoker...

Long story short...

a. Is this a signal that I'm entering "heart attack country"

b. Will a vaporizer be a way to get around the chest pain... (is it the smoke or the THC that contributes to heart disease.

c. Are my "green days" over?

At the moment I'm using a small glass pipe and a butane lighter...I know that the butane is also a no-no...

What do you guys think?

I know that any medical advice is just that...I'm just trying to figure this thing out...

Wanna be around for these kids...

Thanks in advance.
    M

2. I am not sure about the hard attack country but I would reccomend at least a bong with some ice or even edibles because I havn't tried a vape (I have a friend with lung problems and 90% of her toking is firecrackers) and no one should ever have to say goodbye to the herb.

I'm not a doctor mind you... But I have played one in a treehouse

3. Butane isn't going to harm you, I think when butane combusts it turns into water vapor and carbon dioxide.

Smoking increases my heart rate right after I take a bt but it doesn't last long. If it's really that bad I wouldn't be consulting some random people on a marijuana forum :eek: If it's really hurting your chest i'd consult a doctor about it. Better safe than sorry..

4. Your probably just getting the classic weed paranoia thing. It's probably mostly anxiety if your anything like me. Like you start thinking about the pain in your chest and it gets you thinking that it must be something bad then your hearts beating even faster, amplifying your "pain".
    So it's probably anxiety combined with the pain in your lungs from maybe taking really hot rips off a dry piece. Either way, you probably aren't going to die unless your really unhealthy, but it's definitely a waste of money if you keep smoking and having a bad time..Theres not really a point in smoking weed anymore if you just don't like it.

5. Hahahaha. Like when i think i washed my hands after smoking a joint and than my hands start to smell like soap. But then i realie that they actually smell like weed and i was just telling myself that they smelled like soap to the point where they did :D:D:D:D
    \

just happened

6. actually, weed increases heart rates. Ask your doctor about physical activity and mask the question under running a marathon or some shit that would put your heartbeat in the abnormally high/fast/stressed range. If he says yea thats cool then you should have no problems. If no, then be straight up honest as tell him that your really worried about your ganja smoking.

If it's coming down to you really worrying wether or not your going to be there to see your kids grow up then make sure with a medical professional dude, not a fucking internet forum.

-sorry if that sounds harsh but it's the way i see it.

7. Hey mixelpik,

A Google search for "marijuana chest pain" landed me here. I signed up so I could share a personal story which I thought you might find useful.

A week ago, after eating a bowl of marijuana-infused mac and cheese, I settled in to watch a movie. About halfway through, as the stone was beginning to become noticeable, I began to feel as if the left-center part of my chest was being sharply poked with needles. As the stone increased, so did the pain, until I briefly considered calling 911.

I think it's highly unlikely the pain was a result of paranoia, since--if memory serves--I wasn't feeling any. I was happily immersed in the movie when the problem appeared. I believe that what I experienced was entirely a direct physical effect of the drug. Of course I can't rule out the possibility that your pain was a result of smoking, but mine obviously couldn't have been.

Considering that my father has a heart condition which causes his pulse to become erratic if he doesn't take meds, I would have to be more than stupid to continue taking a drug which a) is known for a fact to alter heart rate, and b) is known for a fact to have caused left-center chest pain in me. I'm afraid my last dance with Mary Jane has been had. Just to be safe, I'll be seeing a doctor, and hope you'll do (or have done) the same. It's probably true that MJ is one of the safest substances available for the bulk of the population, but if you have any reason to think there might be something unusual about your heart, it's best to be cautious at the very least. Best of luck to you, and if you make the same decision as I have regarding the lovely weed, believe me when I say I feel your pain!

8. You don't know it was the marijuana that caused your chest pain, there could be many reasons for chest pains, ask your doctor.

9. buy a vaporizer... you and your kids will enjoy your long happy life

heres my theory behind this, 95% less tar in lungs= less bad stuff in your blood= less bad stuff in heart, then heart is happy

10. It always surprises me when people ask for this type of advice here.

Thanks for sharing the story, but i think you need to have a talk with your doctor. It's easier than you think. You really CAN talk to your Dr. about anything. Dr. patient confidentiality laws prohibit him from talking to anybody about it. You won't get in trouble and you will likely get a good, informed, medically sound answer.

Good luck!