Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Awful High and Feeling Sick (Because of My Own Thoughts?)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Lightweight, Jul 28, 2013.

1. I did try searching the forums for my problem, but couldn't find anything. If you know of a similar thread feel free to direct me there.

About a week ago I was at a semi-close friends house getting high, there was about 8 of us hanging out, I was the only one getting high (very bad idea in hindsight) but for the most part it was people I trusted. I probably smoked less than 0.1 through my pipe and ended up pretty high. I was having a great time until a friend of mine and this massive stoner guy who I never really hang around with started trying to make me be sick. I'd never ever felt or been sick from smoking before, but suddenly I started to feel ill. They kept saying I looked pale and like I was going to throw up. I knew that they were lying, but it genuinely started to make me feel ill, my throat felt cold and like there was something in my chest. My high was completely ruined, I was shaking and anxious and i felt like i needed something to eat or drink.

I went inside and found some crisps/chips to eat. Biggest mistake of my life. I hadn't realised that I had incredibly bad cotton mouth and I had completely forgotten to get a drink of water. I chewed and then swallowed, and I was imagining the whole experience in black and white in my head. It was like a little ball going down a pipe, but it never quite got to the bottom. suddenly i felt an intense pain in the bottom of my throat, and I was so high and confused why the hell it felt so weird.

As I walked away i tried to take a breath and realised that my throat was completely and utterly clogged. My single second of panic was the most intense and scary moment in my entire life. I can remember it clear as day, and I genuinely thought that i was going to die. I guess as I panicked I must have taken a sharp intake of air into my mouth and the food had fallen into my stomach. The whole thing was a horrid experience and left me feeling strange and depressed for the next few days.

All I can think about since then is that whenever I smoke I'm going to feel sick, I just can't get it out of my head for some reason. Last night I smoked while on Skype to my girlfriend, I thought that I would feel okay again with her around. I smoked the tiniest amount ever, like 0.005 of a gram or something. I thought it would barely even have any effect on me. And it didn't really have too much of an effect on my mind, but it sure did on my body. Just as I thought, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about being sick, and it made me feel awful. I had to get up and walk around to stop the feelings of being sick, and my whole body suddenly felt freezing cold. Although I under-eat and I may have had little food in my stomach, I'm sure that I only felt sick because I was thinking about it.

I don't really feel like smoking again now, but before a week ago I loved it. Even if i don't smoke for 6 months, when I come to smoke again I'm obviously going to remember feeling sick, it's too embedded in my head. Is there any possible way I can get around this?  :confused:
    TL;DR I know 

2. Try smoking some other buds maybe you have some mold problems. How did this stoner guy try and make you sick? and how often do you smoke?

Jesus that sounds nutty as fuck.  Lol with whatever ails you.  

4. I tend to smoke pretty rarely, like once or twice a week in small amounts. He just kept saying that I looked like I was going to be sick, and was saying that it's all in your head, if you think about being sick it makes you feel sick, which it seems like it does.

5. Try an edible, maybe the association is with smoking it.

6. I dunno, it doesn't really seem like it, it's always after a while I just can't stop myself thinking that I feel sick. 

7. Weed can have that affect on people. I mean I've been smoking for a few years now and I sometimes still get bad ideas in my head, but I realize its just the weed playing tricks on me. If you were with people who were actually trying to make you feel sick, I wouldn't doubt it if you actually began to feel sick. Weed will do that to people, just getting an idea stuck in your head. And like you said, you barely knew those people and they sound like dicks, I don't know if you have social anxiety or what. Maybe next time try smoking with people you're comfortable with ya know?

I don't know, just sounds like you're having bad experiences with weed.

8. Yeah, that's pretty much my problem. With the suffocating on food thing the same night, it's all just so reinforced in my head, whenever I think about weed, I think about that night and I think about thinking about being sick. If that makes sense... It's all just a big loop with an idea that I can no longer get out of my head.

The only things I can think of it that might help are either if I got so high that i completely forget to think about it, or just do with with my girlfriend. It's like I need to be distracted from thinking about being sick, but it's so hard. I'm not sure about getting really high though, I guess it might make me forget about it, or make it loads worse and I'd end up being sick and hating the experience. I guess I'll jsut not smoke for a little while or something. Thanks.