Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Awek's 2016 Organic *NEW ROOM*

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by awek420, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Like the title says, I just built myself a new room. 12x8 flower, and 6x5 veg. 3000 watts in flowering, and an 8 bulb T5 in veg (will add a second 8 bulb fixture soon). I'll renovate again next year, with even bigger, badder equipment, but this will do lovely for now.

I am applying for commercial licensing, and I already supply local shops medically, so the flowers have be tested like crazy. This includes potency test, mold/mildew test, contamination test, and stringent macro inspection. You can't have any dust, hairs, dirt, or any foreign matter of any sort on the buds. If you don't wear full body protection, a hair net and gloves, then you are certainly getting micro particles on the buds and it won't pass testing.

So, I created a nearly sterile eneveryone Wawat. This includes bleaching, sealing, tarping, and constant upkeep. I wear full body Tyvek suits, run hefty air purifiers, filter all incoming air, and apply mesh screen to the tops of the pots to keep dirt particles from blowing around when the soil is dry. All ducting, fans, bulbs, hoods, ballasts etc are disinfected using bleach or something similar. Nobody is allowed in the room unsuited.

All nutrient mixing is done in a seperate room, and watered in with great care as to not spill.

But, enough about how clean my room is lol.

This grow I will be running 8 Critical Hog by TH seeds. I just started germination today. I'll pop 10, and keep 8. The remaining 2 (granted they all pop and live) will be cut into clones for next run.

I'll start them in little seedling planters, then transplant into 2 gallon pots, then into 10 gallon pots. If I had the room in veg, I'd start and finish them in the 10's.

For dirt, I'll be using Fox Farm Happy Frog cut 50/50 with perlite to start the seeds, then into Roots Organic Original soil cut with 15-25% perlite.

For nutrients I'll be using the Roots Organic lineup (base nutes and supplements) along with a little silica supplement.

For pest control I use SNS products. Mainly just systemic control, but I have one of their foliar mixes in the event that a pest is seen.

I'll try to keep this updated daily, with at least 1 picture a day of progress. But who am I kidding, I'll get happily medicated and forget. A lot lol.

Stay tuned everyone! Let's see what this room (and myself) can do!

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. Seeds for the next run :)
    Critical Hog by TH Seeds
    Then some free Akorn by TH Seeds
    And a free OG Kush by Dinafem.

1459877134473.jpg 1459877166322.jpg

3. I'm in can't wait to see the outcome!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for stopping in! Hope you enjoy the show.

5. Seeds are germinating now. Started yesterday (4/6).

6. 1460600517620.jpg 1460600524604.jpg 1460600529251.jpg

3 Critical Hog seedlings, 1 Snowbud seedling. 4 Gateway Kush clones, 1 Cherry Pie clone, and 1 Fire OG clone.
    4 more Critical Hog germinating now.

7. I'm only going to veg the clones for 1-2 weeks before flipping them. Just long enough for them to root out in a bigger pot. Should still pull a few ounces each, hopefully lol.

8. I definitely like the Roots Organic soil a lot better than the other stuff I used when I didn't have any roots on hand. Look at the difference in the stalks between the two, even with the one in Roots Organic being 4 or 5 days younger.

The Roots Organic is the one with more yellow stained perlite.

1460992301029.jpg 1460992311461.jpg 1460992321337.jpg 1460992324809.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Damn bro that room looks clean af good job .

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bout time for another transplant. Clones go from 1's to 10's, seedlings go from cubes to 1's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Time to switch to flowering 1462892769247.jpg 1462892775022.jpg

And these seedlings need to go into the new veg room now. Which means I need to complete the new veg room now lol. 1462892823515.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lookin good bro! I'll sub up and see how things turn out. How is the app goin for the Med OP? You in CO? Might b heading that way soon and hopin to have a room like urs! So the shops there jus allow home growers to sell them bud to?

NeeFs Platinums Organix Thread