avg. cost for all equipment?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by demon929, May 29, 2009.

1. can anyone give me an average cost of what they payed for all the equipment needed to grow. not the most expensive or the cheapest equipment, just a general price range of how much a beginners gonna have to spend

2. How many plants?
    What space?
    Outdoor Indoor?
    More specifics..........

3. haha my bad, umm i guess 4 plants indoor and a 5' by 5' closet.

4. Hey man. I am on my first time grow. Have three seedlings going now. The lights (400 watt hps), soil, pots, fans, mylar, etc. etc. etc.... Everything added up I spent between 250-300.

5. I found a lotta stuff on craigslist. I paid $25 each for 250 Watt warehouse lights, and found cheap HPS bulbs on Ebay for about $15 each shipped. Then I found a Sun System 400 watt unit with hood and ballast for $100 including bulb. I got a used sqirrel cage fan that runs 100 cfm for $20 for my air intake, and used a $55 attic exhaust fan for a roof mount extractor on my shed. It came with a thermostat that I set to come on at 80 degrees. I bought the orange buckets at Home Depot for pots, they're five gallon and cost about $3 each, just dill some holes in the bottom for drainage. There's a BC nutrient starter kit that costs $30 that's all you need for several grows and I used the regular potting soil.

On Ebay I got a thermometer with a humidty meter for $10, a 30 x lighted magnifier for $7 and a soil test kit with supplies for ten tests for $12. I scounged all the electrical boxes and metal tubing I needed for wiring from a dumpster at a remodel site, and found enough pieces of romax to run the lights. I had a timer and plugs in my junk boxes.

I'm running a 10 x 4 grow room and a 3 x 3 veg chamber for about $300 or so

I wish I could steal the electricity - WR

6. So what sort of light are they? HID ?? Fluoro?

Or incandescent, in which case they are useless and $25 each wasted.

7. " for 250 Watt warehouse lights, and found cheap HPS bulbs on Ebay"

HPS, thanks

8. #8 smoove, May 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2009
    $400 for light + ballast + cooltube
    $200 for cab
    $30 for res
    $50 for airpumps + airstones
    $120 for 6" inline fine
    $50 for duct tubing
    $25 for mylar
    $75 for nutrients
    $50 for electrcal (chords, sockets, outlets, etc..)
    $200 for miscellaneous (over the years)

Roughly $1250 all in all over 3 years.

Not such a bad investment considering I've harvested close to 3 pounds of da kine (and about to harvest another good one.) The first harvest already paid for the investment. This is a pretty middle of the road kind of setup, actually maybe more on the lower-mid-range budget.

9. that about sums it up .good post:smoke: