Average height on seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by laysie, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Whats the average height your seedlings get after germination before they put off true leaves?

2. Their height is typically determined by light intensity. So in other words, stronger light = shorter sprouts.

This doesn't factor in light quality. As an example, I know my sprouts under full LED barely reach 1/4 inch before they start to show leaves. My sprouts under T12 get up to 1 inch if the light isn't directly above.

If you have tall sprouts, get the light closer, or add stronger light.

As far as average is concerned, I'd say under 1 inch and your golden.

3. #3 laysie, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010

Do you use a ufo on your seedlings? 90 watt ufo has 2 1/4" seedlings, it was really far up now it's about 8 inches above them. Any closer and the footprint is too small.

They will probably get taller, although have some room inside the pots to cover about 1 1/2 inches of the stem. They have the cotyledon leaves and seedling leaves, just not the true leaves yet, they are 2 days from breaking soil.

Starting them in the bigger pots may not have been the best idea due to footprint.

4. Last grow I used two glowpanel 45's on 8 seedlings, all of them stayed really short.

Stretching always seems to be the result of lighting. Maybe you could add in some CFL just until they get some leaves going on.