Average grow times start to finish?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tweaked, Feb 16, 2017.

1. About how long should I spend on average from seedling to harvest with bag seeds? How many weeks or days on average for seedling to veg, veg to flower, and flower to harvest.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Depends, depends, and depends... I wish I could be more specific. Auto flower seeds or not? Amount of grow space and light? And last but not least, sativa/indica/hybrid/and strain?

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is no seedling to veg. Seedlings are vegging

Plants need to be about 3 or 4 weeks old before they are sexually mature and can flower. You can switch to flower at this point or veg for 3 months if you want. Big plants take longer to veg than small ones, and a good grower can veg faster than a crappy grower. But roughly an average veg time is probably 6-8 weeks.

Flowering varies just as much. Some of the fastest strains available take 8-10 weeks. Mediums take 10-14. And the long flowerers take 14-18 and even longer in some cases

6 weeks of veg and 10 weeks of flower is 16 weeks and I'd say that's probably about average

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks so much for the detailed info. I have two plants that I've been begging for a few months I thought it was kinda slow progress. I've been tying the branches down will that slow growth? And do you have any tips on how I could improve my veg speeds. I'm slowly building my grow area I have a 4x4x6.5 ft grow tent and I'm using a 2x4x7 ft closet space as well. My lights are 2 300 watt mars hydro leds and in the closet I use a cfl I believe 150 watt bulb. I'll leave pictures of the soil and foods I have available at hand but I'm willing to invest with guidance.

5. Sativas can take weeks longer than indicas, and if your using a 8foot tall room, you can veg up to 2-3 months(again, depending on sativa or indica)now, you can also scrog... and that can be weeks longer even.... so again it varies in an un-fathomable amount of different ways... for us to even try to make a attempt at accurately estimating your grow, hands down would need more info on your end. Cheers

6. Not auto flower either. First grow as well and I'll have more plants coming soon.

7. And finally the closet space[​IMG]

8. Tying the branches down won't slow the growth, just the height gain.

Those plants are a few months old? Yeah there is definitely something wrong. I can't see any obvious problems. Can you put a full colour photo of the plants up?

The soil looks good, so you have any other info on it?
    What's that bottle of nutes? Does it say the NPK ratio? What % of the maximum dosage have you been using?

Do you have a fan blowing at the plants? Are you letting the soil dry out fully before you water?

9. I'll post that info now let me grab my stuff

• Like Like x 1
  10. These two plants went from a 150 watt cfl light I posted earlier and I just put a 300watr mars hydro led on them then the next day I put another 300 watt mars hydro on them. I've noticed the leafs are drippy where they use to be raised I give them 24/0 light and I try to water every 3-5 days I don't know a good amount of water or really how much food to mix in the water when. I believe I'm using a 1.76 gallon bucket

11. Some of the leafs have went yellow on me some got a burn because I didn't know my lights where to close the first two days on my switch to led.

12. I'm getting seeds ready for the closet with the cfls I have a hydroponic dwc kit coming with some fox farm nutes I wanted to get clones off the plant and harvest from the mother plants. Those two main plants I was told would be female and a good strand. Again I just got them from a friend with no idea what soil or strain.

13. Here was some of the photos just a day ago[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. aye your definately feeding them too much of something mate. are you checking the ph of the soil? makes a big difference if thats out by too much. if theyre a few months old, did you give them nutes straight away? damaged roots would slow growth right down. could you have overdosed them a bit early on? the newest growth looks a lot healthier though have you changed your nutrient strengths? i burnt my leaves pretty bad during veg on my first grow so i flushed them for a week and started back at 1\4 strength and they were healthy from then on. not saying thats the right thing to do but it worked for me.

15. I recently found I need a ph meter, mag is off in the soil, and I changed my plants too fast on a new set of lights also putting the lights too close. I have stressed them out a lot in the last 4 days and my watering is to frequent as well as too much. I trimmed to help it stem off. The plants where in someone else's care early on so I don't know if they fed them early in. I need something to measure mL too. I'm learning a lot on my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  16. When you are watering, is the soil getting a thorough soaking? If not, try watering a little, wait a few minutes and then water again.

Have transplanted in to those pots recently?

Is the soil properly drying out between waterings?

What dosage of that nutrient are you putting in to the soil? And how often?
    I would buy a better suited nutrient. Something more commonly used for marijuana.

I'd have your light about 2' above the top of the plants until they're healthy again.