Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

AVB - Ideas

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PAOLO1981, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Afternoon gents,
    Ok, so after purchasing a DynaVap M 2018 dry herb vaporiser (fcuking love it!) - I have collected about half Oz of AVB so far....Nice and golden brown.
    I've looked a little online but wanted to get your ideas of the best way to use it....Quantities required/recipes and expected results.. I mean, is it worth it? …… I am keen to gain knowledge.
    Any advice from experience would be appreciated.
    Thanks folks, grateful as always!

2. You aroused my curiosity, so I looked around and found this
    http://vegascannabismag.com/uncategorized/getting-post-vaped-bud/

According to this article, their AVB was already decarbed, and contained about 3% thc and 3% cbn.
    Although the cbn didn't lead to the expected heavy eyelids, it did lead to good sleep.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Decent read - I especially liked - "The beauty of ABV edibles is that the ABV bud is almost fully decarboxylated when it comes out of the vaporizer so the decarb step can be skipped entirely" part! :)
    Top man.

4. Just theory, but I think you need to get your AVB into your infusion solvent ASAP. As soon as you initially vape the bud and expose it to heat and oxygen the cannabinoids are going to start to break down and degrade into other by-products (CBN, the sleeper, being a big one for THC) quickly. Even if you are storing the AVB in an airtight glass container, your initial exposure to heat has acted as a catalyst to breakdown the extremely volatile active ingredients which will continue to degrade at a faster rate. If I were you, I would start a jar with 4 or 5 ounces of 95% alcohol that you can regularly add your AVB to, often agitating/shaking. Once the plant matter fills most of the alcohol's volume, strain/press out the solids. You could try some of the tincture now to get an idea of potency and if it falls short of your desired effects then just continue to add more AVB to the original tincture, and keep repeating the process until you are content with the potency.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like that, thanks for the contribution bro.. I need to look into this! Here's me thinking my AVB would be perfectly fine in the mason jar!!!! lots to learn.

6. No problem! Again its just a theory based on various online research, but no hard data to back up my thoughts. Keep us posted on your experimentation with this...I'm curious to hear your experience/results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I certainly will pal. Nice one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alcohol extraction (190 proof) is the most efficient extraction that is safe for home users.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks pal.

10. What if i just mixed the AVB with coconut oil (into a paste), filled capsules and swallowed a few... Would this work or just not worth the time...?

11. All kinds of ways to ingest ABV,peanut butter sandwich,on crackers,infused in oil of your choice.If you want to keep it be prepared for gritty taste and not much of a buzz.I stopped saving it because it just wasn't worth the hassle and I can now buy bud legally so no need for the ABV.But experiment and have fun with it.Recipes galore.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Terry - I was kinds thinking the same. Appreciate the input pal.

13. It does give you a buzz and depending on how much you vape a batch then your leftover THC will vary.It's actually a down and dirty way to get decarbed bud fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I make butter with my vaped material

• Like Like x 1
  15. Does it give u a decent high mate?... What are the ratios you use? Prob have about half 0z sitting @ home winking at me...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I would use the half oz in a half lb of butter.Did it once and used the water bath after I infused to separate the AVB from the butter.Used my crock pot but a pot on the stove will also work.Melt butter,add ABV,stir and stir do not boil but simmer,let sit on low for an hour stirring occasionally.Pour into a bowl with water in it,about 2 inches deep and place in fridge or freezer.Water sinks to the bottom along with the ABV and when the butter hardens you lift it off with a spoon or fork.The messy mash stays in the water.Worked for me.The water has to be deep enough to hold all the ABV.You can let it sit on a counter for awhile to let everything separate then place in fridge/freezer.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. I reckon this is worth a go!!! Top man, thanks Terry.

18. Absolutely worth trying just to give you an idea of what you can do with it and the quality of the finished product.Use the butter in your normal way with normal amounts.
    Just let the AVB settle down into the water before you either freeze it or place it in the fridge.The butter floats on top of the water and all the ABV sinks.As soon as the butter has hardened then just lift it off.It keeps for quite awhile,never went rancid on me because I used it all up very quickly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. #19 GorillaGherkin, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    I’d use 1-1.5 sticks of butter if u want it strong but if u wanna play it safe use more butter. Not sure ur experience with edibles just remember ya can’t turn off the effects.
    I’ve been makin butter with my AVB for about 2 years and I still get surprised of the effects. Not scared but intense at times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. When you say 1-1.5 sticks.. what is that in weight mate... Like a 3rd of a butter pack? (real butter)
    I want it strong!!!! Never had edibles but have a high tolerance.....Time to get involved!!