Autos

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blitz9256, Jul 19, 2012.

1. So I've been looking into auto's and it seems like the ease of growing them make them a great plant for a noob. After being informed of how the auto strains are made, my question is are they worth it? I'd like the "easiness" of growing the auto for my first plant to help make up for any errors that I may make (hopefully none), but are they potent enough to grow over an indica or indica/sativa? I would go with an auto white widdow or ak48. Also any info or recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

2. its an auto, takes shorter time I suppose, but you can also send a regular non auto germinated seed to flower almost right off the bat with same results minus the ruderalis.
    try afghan kush ryder or really any ryder but AKR is really killer for an auto.

3. Ya thats what I thought as well...but to be real I have some autos going now with a pure kush photo and the kush is comming along better in the same time plus I will get way more product in the end. What I have found is auto may be simple so they say but for me photo are more forgiving where as auto life span is pretty much set you mess up...you lose a good chunk of their life span. But now I will say I have some critical jack auto going and their fricken amazing. 12" in 15 days and sexed shooting white pistoles like mad. Now at day 25 and top bud is starting to take shape. Breeder says 70 days seed to chop, at this rate I dont see the full 70 days till chop. So it really depends on the auto you get. My Big Bang autos are at day 56 and their just now starting to show buds so 7 weeks in and still have 6-8 weeks to go so much for a quick grow with them. Tho they are bushes only about 18"tall their easy 30" wide like a xmas tree. The point is...for this noob 1 time grower I learned photos are the shit and roll of the dice on autos. Auto lovers going to flame me 4 the post but not hating on autos just find I need a touch more exp before I try auto again.

4. Auto quality depends on strain just like photo period plants. With a little research you can find a good yielding easy growing strain with good potency. Try them for yourself one time, its worth it in my opinion.

5. Try it, I tried AKR and Himalaya Blue Diesel and Onyx, but only enjoyed the AKR.
    There will always be ruderalis in the genetics though.

6. Many believe autos are for "noobs" but really there all the same in terms of how you care for them. There is nothing "easier" about growing a auto. You just dont have to ever turn off the lights. All strains require all of the same needs and wants.

The biggest thing about autos is they take alot less time. I grow both and if its auto usually World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder Autos. About 2 months start to finish.

7. Wish I had seen this post or should say wish this post was made before I bought all my auto seeds. :) Good post and so so true

8. How is that, I thought they produce less?

Based off of this I would say that they are not that good for a first grow then.The odds of me making at least one mistake will be high since it will be my first grow so I don't wan't a plant that's less forgiving.

Thanks for all the info, between the posts here and the reading I was doing in between, I have a pretty decent understanding of auto's now. They sound good but I think for my first grow I will just go with a good photo indica. Although everybody talking about the AKR makes me want to try it lol.