Autos, Over-watered? Nope! Bad Bulb!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CManio, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

Day 52 and both autoflowers around 2 weeks in flower. Only thing that I have done different is water more often than i normally do. I would assume the best bet is to let them dry out a bit over the next few days and water less frequently. Any tips? Diagnosis correct? This is a stressful situation please assist 15462579526012139116561.jpg 15462579819342085117610.jpg

Thanks in advance

2. Are you forced to water more frequently as your soil are drying out and are you checking if it's starting to dry when watering?
    Just wait a couple of days for the soil to dry out and she will look fresh again

3. What medium are you using and how much perlite in the mix? What size pots? Temperature and humidity?

4. #4 CManio, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Correct. It was super dry and hot so she needed water more often now all of a sudden a cold front set in and outdoor humidity is 90 percent with constant rains at a low temp. They had a watering 2 days ago and are still very heavy. Not drinking up anything

5. Pots 20cm
    Temp and humidity i keep around 26 Celcius and humidity around 60 in the tent now. Last few days cold front a rain storms. Perlite is 50 50 to coco

6. Are you having it outside?
    EDIT: If the weather is getting colder and rain storms suddenly are appearing, consider moving it inside

7. Moving what inside? Its an indoor grow tent .

8. Then outdoors rain and coldness don't matter lol

9. Are you kidding me?

Its not a temperature and humidity proof chamber its a grow tent that gets affected by external temp and humidity which i try control with systems. Keep your tent in a hot room in summer vs a cold room in winter and make that statement. With all due respect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. With a 50/50 coco/perlite mix, you should be feeding to 20% run off at least twice a day at this stage of flowering. Coco is hydroponics, not soil, and you never let coco dry out and you never use plain water.

11. Its an organic mix i always use
    Ingredients: Coco Coir, Perlite, Vermiculite, Worm Castings, Compost, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum.

Sorry I should have been more specific

12. Last time i try water more often than usual. I usually wait for the medium to get semi light and dry at the top before a water or feed.
    Edit: this time i over watered for sure you telling me its the opposite under watering?

13. Good luck to you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Did you just change your lights or move them closer?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. #15 CManio, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Thanks for your logical observation. I literally just changed my HPS because it blew. Replaced it now and hopefully they will recover from the quality light

Edit: I am assuming the HPS was near the end of its life and didn't put out near enough light energy. It blew in the last half an hour.

16. From going to CFL for veg to HPS for flower, mine was very similar. Happy growing!

17. If u know u over watered then u know where ur mistake was.. yes that would be the solution if that was ur mistake.. “overwatering”

18. 15462781786381726058960.jpg
    Perking up again under the New light. Whew that was heart stopping.
    Issue was a faulty dying HPS. They didnt get enough light energy.

Happy New Year fellas!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have an old HPS, mine drooped as well (dwc and not overwatered). All do it within 2-4 days of going from my pure blurple tent to 600w hps.

Now you got me wanting to replace my bulb as well!!! Although I think it works. I do 24/7 in veg and it pounded the crap out of the plants closest to it. Made them turn very light green in color. Temps are so low, I just didn’t imagine too much light even being a thing. I mean like 65F. Can rest your face on my cool tube! (not advised)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. It has me wondering how it affected my last harvest :/ now wonder i pulled much less than the harvest before . Its also a venture 600w HPS with a 1 year warranty. Didnt even last 8 months. Oh well, will get a new one and a different brand next time around