Autos - is this normal? What's happened?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jibberjab, Dec 4, 2020.

1. So, for my first grow I used a couple of fastbuds GG#4, Autos. One of them seemed to develop at the normal pace - and she's been chopped this week (couple of immature flowers still on her) . Looks like she'll yield about 4oz of quality flowers. I'm super proud :)

However, her sister, right next door and under the same conditions and feeding cycle... well, about 2 weeks into flowering, she stopped fattening up and started growing upwards. a LOT. She ended up being about 40-50cm taller than her sister. The buds are funny looking (but still young so I hope they'll mature), but they smell and feel great (stickiest I've ever experienced!)

You can see whats left of the finished one, and her big sis next to her.

Even though she is well overdue, now in week 6 of flowering.... I assume I'll just continue on and see what she does. Any advice or feedback? thanks

p.s. do autos normally grow like this?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 mactheman, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    i'd cut back on the nitrogen in the feed looks shes had a bit to much N in her feed ,,,plus i see the leaves canoeing upward ,that can be caused by 3 things 1) over feeding 2)over watering 3) heat stress ,,if its heat stress lift the light a bit higher,,mac,
    ps plant looks good though

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks like you're doing a good job to me!

• Like Like x 1
  4. It actually looks like it started to reveg.

Those 3 finger leaves are a sure sign.

You got a light leak in there?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. Idk anything about autos or fems other then they are technically all herms at some point so I haven’t grown them or tried to make them. But if I was you I wouldn’t worry about anything other then what your leafs look like. The leaf is the heartbeat of the plant. Yes they change colors and die but you want them to be as healthy for as long as possible. Study what different leaf issues mean and look like. This will help you get a better harvest next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. #6 GrowMoreMeds, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    I think he said they are autos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes I saw that.

Doesn't mean it can't reveg.

Next it'll be popping nanners.

8. Autos do not reveg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Just means the beans weren't stable.

10. Bolting caused by stress, it's trying to get pollinated and put out seeds before it dies. Too much heat, too much water, too much feeding. Too much something.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1