Autopots: Grand Daddy's on Green Crack

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ismellchicken, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Good luck dude. They look a little hungry what they planted in

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

2. Soilless medium of coco and perlite, so i supply everything. I use demineralised water at 3ppm. My first rez fill up 2 days ago had the following in it:
    1ml/L of calmag
    2ml/L of AN ph perfect sensi coco A+B
    1ml/10L of HG drip clean

3. I'll reupload those as thumbnails and see if that works.
    20170702_191329.jpg

This is them now with the autopots turned on:

20170710_184417.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. That worked! Plants look good, I'm going to park myself in the corner. Don't mind the flow of my cigar as a watch lol.

Secret room

5. Haha not at all. Pull up a seat. I'm new and open to any advice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tip 1 is to make sure your chicken is fully cooked before eating it lol. But seriously here are the main lesson I have learned.

1) Train, Train,Train. Keep spreading the stocks so light can get as deep into the plant as possible

2) Cut off the little suckers at the bottom of the plant. These tiny little fluff buds waste the plants energy. It's better to cut them off so the main colas get bigger.

3) Go weak on your feeds. I use house and garden Cocos a&b and top out around 1100 ppm on the .7 scale. My normal ppm is around 850-950 then it can climb thru the week until I add straight water to the res. (I run a irrigation system on a timer, 4 waters a day for 15 minutes ***Coco Only*** don't do this with soil)

4) Watch your plants, keep an eye out for any thing on the leaves that looks different. Little white dots can be mites, knats flying around, twisted, cupped, discolored leaves. These are all signs that they are unhappy. It takes time and work to find out what all the different signs are telling you but it's not rocket science.

5) watch you pH, when I switched from soil to Coco I thought I could still use dip sticks to check pH, it was a mess. I spent the cash to get a Hanna pH meter and the reward was almost instant. When you grow in water or Coco (or any non organic grow) you are counting on the ph to keep all the necessary elements suspended in the water. If growing organically you are counting on the microbes to make the elements available to your plants. That is why with organic growing pH isn't a big deal but in Cocoa it's a huge deal.

Ok, I'll stop yapping now and go back to my corner.

Secret room

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesome dude! Thanks for the tips. I have the Advanced Nutrients ph perfect nutes and im using it with demineralised water so im hoping i don't have to worry about ph but i have some cheap test strips i could use right now. I actually do have a few spots on my grand daddy purple. I posted it in the sick plants section. These were the pics:
    20170711_031642.jpg
    20170711_031651.jpg
    This is the whole plant. These 2 leaves are just on the right:
    20170711_031659.jpg

8. Kinda looks like early calcium deficiency. When you add it to your water before the other nutes you should be around 200ppm IMO. I think I read you were using RO water of distilled, either way there will be no calcium or magnesium in either so I suggest adding your calmag to the tank 1st until you are at 200ppm. Also make sure you pH is between 5.5 and 6.2, I aim for 5.7 but if in the 5.5-6.2 I just leave it alone.

Secret room

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok sounds good. Ya, i've only been adding 1ml/L of calmag. It gives me about 105ppm so i'll try what you suggested and go for 200ppm. Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
  10. day 31:

2nd Rez fill up. Plants drank 8-9 L in 4 days. I up'd my calmag to 2ml/L like phil suggested.

10L of water in resevoir.
    2ml/L calmag, 2.5ml/L sensi A+B, 1ml/10L Drip Clean.
    Ppm after calmag = 217
    After A+B = 751
    After Drip Clean = 756

Lights 18" from plants
    Temp: 27C
    RH: 42%
    Placed to containers of water near intake to increase RH.

Any suggestions on when i should flower? I need these 3.9 gallon autopots to be the final container. I just don't want to get root bound or something and ruin my grow. I have quite a bit of height to play with.
    20170712_062618.jpg

11. day 32:

Plants looking healthier after the rez change with the increase in calmag and base nutes. Growth seemed to explode. Did some more LST. Looking really bushy. Cut off those weird looking leaves and haven't seen anything since.
    RH: 42%
    20170713_173440.jpg
    20170713_173430.jpg

12. day 34:

Re-arranged ventilation system to get better airflow on a low speed setting.
    LST'd both plants even more. Looking really healthy and green. No discolored leaves or anything.
    Rez kind of smells funny. Might clean it and flush the lines before my next top up.
    Plants 18" from light
    RH: 48%

Green crack on the left, grand daddy purple on the right.
    20170715_232437.jpg

20170715_232038.jpg