Automating my grow with my next Robot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ptakx, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Hi all, I had just read the thread about Open Source software and I couldn´t resist to tell you about something amazing that recently appears.

I was creating my first hydroponic system and I spend lot of time looking for something to control water tank and fertilizers. I founded something called Open Grow and after stay 30 minutes on their site I discovered exactly what I was looking for years.
    This guys from Open Grow created a modular robot to control any kind of culture system. It seems they are a Start-up because their products are in Beta, it remembers me like my Oculus Rift when I bought it [​IMG].

I pre-ordered my kit instantly because all similar systems I founded, costs double for less functionalities.
    So they sent me the software that actually is in beta, but in their mail they explained me that I will recive it next month and with a final release software.

And I would to talk about what is behind the scene.

So, after spending a year looking for a good control system I found something with universal capacities.

Open Grow is a Startup that made a growing robot with the ability to be adapted to all kind of systems because of its modular configuration. Actually I´m starting with Aeroponics and I wanted to control my water tank and fertilizing.

By the mail they sent to me, I can connect all kind of outputs and imputs like water level sensors, buttons, temp/humy sensors, lamps, water pumps, valves...
    I found their site in an Facebook add and after read their site and ask them some questions, I had the confirmation that this system destroy the others like grotronix and whatever...

I started to make an Arduino project but I was really frustrated because of front end software. I made lot of time to code it and I arrived to turn on and off my lamps. But with their brain "GroNode" now I can connect my Arduino to it and with firmware they provide I can control my outputs and inputs from their software.

Here what I found about that: http://www.opengrow.pt/index.php/userbot/

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]So, let me know, what do you think about this system ?[/SIZE]

Now I would like to show you a little part of software that surprised me a lot. Basically because is totally different to all I already saw like grotronix and others...

I can create Areas and grows inside those Areas. So that is much more easy to supervise my plants if I have different species.

[​IMG]

I want to show you how easy was to create a schedule. First I choice what kind of schedule I want to create. I take by example an irrigation one.

[​IMG]

Visually it surprised me a lot because all application is full of illustrations who makes really easy to configure all system without a guide or a manual with 200 pages.

[​IMG]

After that I choose my water pump for my hydro system. In this image there is only an Area and a Grow, but it´s possible to put this schedule whatever we want if we have more than one growing space.

[​IMG]

Grow Stages is a long story hahaha. I could explain it better in other post because it´s a fine idea that they created to jump automatically between stages without reconfigure all our parameters. It´s good because it saves me time and next time I will grow the app will keep all my informations I already used and it will be automatic from first day.
    So, this is a part to register this schedule in a stage and save it for next time.

[​IMG]

So that´s how it looks a finished schedule with all informations like status, timings, time left, progress bar, names etc..

[​IMG]

But the thing that most crazy made me and forced me to buy it was the Alarms.
    Well, this system has the ability to connect any kind of output to it, It´s like universal. So I could connect same things like in an Arduino (Water pumps, water valves, any kind of sensors...)

So the idea is to free combine all to create automatic sequences.

[​IMG]

For example, to control the level of my water tank I created an alarm with a water sensor and a valve.

[​IMG]
    So, as you can see, when sensor detects that he is deactivated or "FALSE" who means that there is not enough water, It opens my water valve until sensor will be "TRUE".

Maybe lot of you don´t appreciate this thing, but with imagination it´s possible to create sequences with lasers, buttons, pressure sensor, smoke sensors... So I can even create a security system to prevent fire or an alarm if someone access to my grow without permission jajaja.

[​IMG]
    That´s how it looks. In the top there are filters to show alarms of an Area, a Grow, Day, Night...
    [​IMG]

Well, It seems that it´s compatible with Arduino, so for people with patience for electronics... I give you this link:

http://www.opengrow.pt/index.php/opensource/

Well, I answer questions, so profit I´m here !!

At next review !!