Automatic watering system

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quality Herbage, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Planning a vacation to be in 1 1/2 months from now and I'll be gone for 8 days exact I just started a new grow and they all popped from soil today so I'm hoping to have them in flowering before I leave there is 4 of them and one it a "quick one" strain. I'm not really looking to make anything I wanna know what has worked best for you and I don't want nothing to expensive cause it won't get much use but it's gotta be reliable. And also if you got any other tips for careing while away?

2. Sorry I don't have an answer but, I am bumping this for my own curiosity, as I've never used one

3. lmao

aint gonna happen

wait till u get back

4. #4 str8jacket, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    In decent size containers, plants in early flowering should be able to go 8 days between waterings. I've gone that long with soil grows before when I've been gone a week at a time. How much wattage will you have on them?

The real problem with early flowering is they will grow up into the lights. It might be better to keep them in veg for an extra 8 days and put the lights on 16/8. They might still grow into the light(s) though.

If you repot into large pots before you leave and give them a good soaking, they can go 8 days.

They will also go longer if you prune them right before you leave (in veg). That will also help keep them from growing into the light(s).

5. I have 600 watts and the CFls for sides. I got 5 1/2 feet upwards I got a little over a month to prepare so I'll atleast be able to test it out a little and see how they react thanks a lot for the knowledge man!

6. okay so say I were flowering them at the time would it be possible to just keep my light at the highest point if so how high do you think it would have to be like 2-3 foot for it not to grow into the light

7. Over 8 days they probably aren't going to shoot up more than a foot. I depends a lot on strain and how much sativa is in it.

8. #8 jerry111165, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    "Lmao Ain't gonna happen"

Why not? 8 days?

OP, Google "Lazy Gardener" auto watering system. Some of the guys have been having great success in pots less than 10 gallons. Another simple method is to use some thick/folded strips of T-shirt material stuffed into the holes in the bottom of your pots before transplant. Let these hang several inches into a reservoir below and they will wick moisture into your soil.

Good luck.

J

9. thanks ill definitely keep that in mind

10. read it wrong
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. #11 Quality Herbage, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    Okay so what do you guys think about this. The link below is a "7 day outlet timer" so I can program each day of the week. I found a DIY for a fish tank pump and tubing making into a watering system so say if I got one of these and had it pulling from the bottom of a 2 gallon container. Not that I would use near that much water. But I would just program it for like 2 or 3 of those day to come on and pump water into each of my plants. I would give it a couple tests runs of course but I wanted to see what you guys though before I gave it a go. And also the light timer below is just an example of the many I found.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/12566341

12. Also I can raise my light to a maximum of 5 1/2 ft and I'll post a couple picks of my grow area it is highly reflective and perfect in size for the plants so I think they might be okay if I have the light like 2 1/2 - 3 feet above the top before I leave ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426960679.216878.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426960711.265941.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426960725.398678.jpg