Autoflowers =yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ippyjiggfirstgrow9, Jul 4, 2018.

1. How do I increase my yield on my autos

2. Should just Have a few Autos Seeds and on your next harvest just sprout two seeds and trained one normal cannabis plant and leave the other plant just completely Untrained like wild Cannabis plants

3. Thats a pretty vague question lol.
    What lights you got? Thats a big decider.
    Also id recomend looking into hydro grow methods, DWC etc.
    I use NFT, its a piece of piss and more forgiving than dwc.
    Profile pic is an auto i grew that way was only my second run aswell so you dont need to be a pro to get results like that.
    Needs a bit of study time but i could teach you the majority of the neccesities it in a couple of pages. Hydro can be confusing for a newbie but anyone with a basic grasp on growing can pick it up no problem.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok I'm always down to learn it's my first grow and she looks damn good just trying to get the best yield I can

5. I have 1000w led and use coco organic grow so far

6. 1000w is probably just what it compares to, rather than what it is. Mine is like a 450w comparatively but is really somewhere around 200w at the plug. Far as I know, yield mainly comes down to feeding it the right shit at the right time and helping the roots get as much oxygen as they can. It's why hydro is popular, because of the yields and grow speed you can get.

7. You know what the draw wattage is on the light?
    They call them 1000w lights cos they have 100 x 10w diodes (or another multiple) but the diodes dont run at full tilt. Usually a bit under half.... sometimes a lot under half.
    Ie, i use 600s but the only actually pull 250w. Therefor theyre the equovalent of a 250w hps and capeable of pulling 250g.
    A little more if everythings kept really tight for most of the grow.
    Blurple light is also non reflective and goes pretty much straight down so need 2 of them to cover a square metre.
    A decent grower can get about 1g per watt with those sort of lights so the draw wattage is a really important number to know when trying to achieve a good yield.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I would also be interested in learning this “NFT” method of growing. I have not yet tried my hand at hydroponics, but I know I’m going to give it a shot soon. I haven’t really started doing any homework or research on what it involves. Teach me your ways Yoda!

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

9. Its easier than growing in pots like.
    Just following numbers on sticks really.
    Get a good Ph metre and ppm metre.
    Fill the res with nutes.
    If the number on the stick goes up you bring it down.
    Number on the stick goes down you bring it back up.
    Without all the technical jargon thats all there is to it really.
    Im just waiting on my next seed drop then gonna start 2 autos for nft with a target weight of a kilo between the 2 in 100 days.
    I do like a challenge lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sounds interesting! I look forward to monitoring your upcoming grow.

You guys and your metric system! Arrgghh! I had to Google how much a kilo is LOL

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ill tag you in my journal mate. Should be kickin off soon enough.
    I cover as much info on what im doing as i can so it does get a bit boring at times but if it helps a couple people improve their yields its worth it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey — it’s better to have too much info and not need it than need it but not have enough!

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

• Like Like x 1
  13. True story bro. Every days a school day.
    Im still learning the tricks of the trade myself. Only been growing seriously for 2 years but i do a lot of studying.

14. Well I am a reformed grower. I used to grow several years ago but just got busy with my company and stopped. So, I am approaching growing without bias this time...trying to soak up as much as I can each day. I can honestly say that I have learned more in the last three months than I ever did years ago and I’m having fun. I forgot how much joy growing brings me, and how effective it is at relieving stress in my life. I don’t even have to use the final product to benefit from this amazing plant! LOL

Truth is I don’t use it that much… Maybe a few times a month....or when my back really hurts. I just enjoy growing, man.

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

• Like Like x 1
  15. Me, too. Funny story about that, actually. My girl was telling me earlier, at like noon, that she'd just gone out and watered the tomatoes. I was like tsk tsk, water when it's not the shittiest part of the day. Early am and later pm, so the sun isn't beating them down. Then she's like meh, I'll never get home-grown tomatoes. 'm just like shit, I'll grow you some in the fucking closet if I have to, lol. Ganja or tomatoes, I don't even care :)

@Spanish@rcher - Tag me when you start it up too, please!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tagged you both... if it worked.
    Doesnt highlight or that, if not ill try again :)

• Like Like x 1