Autoflowers growing super slow (makes me sad)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Telebubbies, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Hey guys. So I got 5 Gorilla Glue #4 auto seeds. I am growing them in coco coir (flushed it to get all the salt out). These are 2 weeks old today. I have not given them nutrients for the first week, then for the start of the second week, I gave them 0.5ml of Micro nutrients, and 1ml of Grow nutrients per 5 liters. I started giving them the nutrients because they took so long to get to their stage. Normally I don't give them nutrients till 3 weeks since autoflowers are so sensitive. The water has a pH of 6.8. The seedlings are under 2 300W ViparSpectra LED lights. Any advice on why they growing so slowly?
    Pics:

Attached Files:

2. My last autos statted slow. Keep temps bout 75 degrees, lower the light to about 10 or 8 inches above the plant.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. My lights would fry the plants if they were that close.

4. How large is your pot? I would keep lights 18 inches. Because I have same light set up.. Just from experience.

5. The light manufactorers say that I must never put it closer than 60cm. And the pot is 3 gallons

6. I use bio degrabale pots to start, soon as they come up i put that in my big pots, 7 gallon. My viperspectras are 600 watt and there 10 inches away...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. I've never grown coco but doesn't it need lower pH since it's a hydro method? I'm wondering if you're locking our nutrients with the pH.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nutrients isn't an issue. Autoflowers can go up to week 3 without nutrients. I have elevated the pots to make them closer to the LED light. Will see what happens

9. Well, I use coco coir. So I cannot use those decomposable pots. And idk how you keep it 10 inches away. With my other grows, keeping it 15 inches away will burn it when its a seedling/veg

10. Have you grown an auto in coco before using this method with success? Your pH in coco should be 5.8 - 6.0 by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I have grown at pH of 7 in coco coir with success..

12. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Are you watering them much? I gave up growing autos because I always seem to over water plants in the early stages

14. I call bullshit. I let an auto get 3 weeks old with wrong pH in promix before it completely stopped growing and formed brown spots and basically died.

Was thinking promix was same as soil for some reason. Anyways correct pH is the foundation of a healthy plant...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I wouldn’t doubt it, my first ever grow I was a little confused and watered 6.8 in coco and 2 auto flowers made it

16. Honesty I think your trolling but just in case your just very misinformed here goes!

You haven't grown successfully in coco with a ph of 7, they wouldn't be able to uptake nutrients correctly! 6.8 IS still to high, range needs to be between 5.5 - 6.2 I believe.

I'm guessing your successful grow with autos was in soil before? Your in coco you need to add nutients from the start, Idoubt they would make 3 weeks healthy.

Your in coco, it's treated as whydro it needs to be watered at least once a day

All that aside autos start slower because you start them in their final pot which is big, and they spend more time rooting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I am not trolling. And for my very first grow, I used tap water with a pH of 8.7. My first grow wasn't an autoflower though. But I did use tap water and pellet nutrients. We are in a drought where I am, so the pH of water is very high. Right now it is 10. But now I use apple cider vinegar to change the pH

18. #18 MickFoster, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    When exactly was your grow when you used a pH of 7.0 in coco successfully? On Dec 5th you started a thread stating that it was your first coco grow and you were using a pH of 6.0. :confusedalt:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Considering that you started a thread on Jan 5 stating that this was your first auto grow and you were questioning the germination of autos - how did you come up with the above 2 statements? Certainly not through experience.

20. If those autos are really 2 weeks old I would start over. With their built in time clock yield and ruined at this point.

• Like Like x 2