Autoflowering plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by limegreenlungs, May 7, 2009.

1. Ok, so im looking into ordering seeds and am looking at some auto flowering varieties on some of the seed banks (mostly attitude)... Am wondering, other than the fact that they yield far less and grow insanely fast and (if im reading everything right) will function on 20 hours light 4 hours dark throughout their whole life cycle, vegging and flowering... im just not sure about all this.. anyone grown autoflowering plants and got success/aggrivation stories for me? i mean, as far as im understanding all this it sounds like a great thing.... but idk

2. Yeah im growing at autoflower outdoor right now and its been growing slow but we have had a week straight of cloudy weather and its only 10 days old. Indoor they can grow on any light cycle really but 20/4 I hear is the best. and that will be fine for its whole time indoor seed toharvest

3. You have heard correctly....they are fun, fast growing, and pretty user friendly. Yield isn't that great, but can be decent if cared for properly. Is perfect for personal smoke.

4. My buddy is rockin one of these right now that we're both benefiting from... definitely not a huge producer though, as mentioned.

5. I just finnished out 3 auto aks at around an ounce a plant, they do grow fast, but to be honest, I feel that unless you need micro plants due to a size restriction of your grow area, these are better left to grow outside..... reasoning is this... they are small yealders and energy whores, that being said, you can get two harvests in the same time as veging and flowering... but yeald is still lower, and you get the additonal cost of paying for 600 hours of energy a month. once flipped on a 12-12 cycle your energy consumption drops to 360 hrs of energy used... they almost double the energy used in your area... depending on your setup, they can be much more expensive to grow...

added note... the smoke is nice, smooth and the high is strong, but weakens out fairly quickly...

finnal thought, you spend a lot more money to get less quality and quanity...

Kevin