Autoflowering in the winter?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokingPurple, Dec 25, 2012.

1. #1 SmokingPurple, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    I purchased 10 feminized autoflowering seeds online to start growing them down here in South Florida. Will I be able to grow them now in December or will I have to wait until next year?

2. how cold does it get?

3. Just wait. Autos don't produce a whole lot even with more sun light in june. I can't imagine you'd get more then an 8th even if it worked when others got like a half oz with june sun.

4. it varies from 70-85, at night it can get as low as 45

5. #5 SmokingPurple, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    So when should I start my grow?

6. Not knowing where at in flordia I looked at a few random cities. Generally it was mid march. You want to wait until the temp doesn't go below 50 if you are starting seedlings outside. Clones and estiblished plants can go out in most places in march or early april. Seeds begin around april and in some places may. You'll have better results if you can wait to maximize as much light as possible. This would be may june july and still have an outdoor crop a few months ahead of everyone else.

7. #7 jetski, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    autos only take a couple of months to finish anyway. cant you grow them indoors? at that temperature they wont do great outside. but if thats your only option they will grow to finish, i cant see you getting much off them though as the sun just isnt strong this time of year. however if it gets even colder you likely to get problems

8. Inside anytime. Outside Late April, Early/Late June