Autoflowering FAQ

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by klinc0, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Just looking for some general feedback on what everyone thinks about autoflowering strains.

Do you think autoflowering is beneficial in the long run compared to a strain with a medium (60 Days or so) flowering period?
    -Timeliness vs. Quantity

Has anyone had any sucess with cloning an autoflowering strain?
    -I have a friend who "claims", autoflowering strains can be cloned by forcing it to veg through placing it in a larger system, like a bucket system, which in turn causes it to root to end of container then they begin budding. He says it all about catching it at the right time. I have had no such luck.:cool:

Any tips or comments on growing giant auto flowering strains would be appreciated!!

Thanks

2. I really don't see the purpose of autos indoors. If you are wanting multiple harvest throughout the year outdoors then yes. Indoors, a good indica with a short veg time is going to blow the autoflower away in yield and most likely potency with a very small difference in time. Start with clones from a mature mother and the time difference is even less. LST and FIM/topping can keep them small if that is the concern.

3. you can just get any normal strain you can find, top it a few times and use Lst and youll get a plant as big as a lowryder/ autoflower with a higher yield. Search 12/12 from sprout.

4. Ya that sounds good, but not exactly sure what you mean by top it? Could you describe that for me? Sorry, my vocab is a little lacking.

The main reason Im asking though is cause most seed banks, or atleast attitude, give you some free seeds with any purchase you make. This time one of the free strains I got is autoflowering, Dinafem Road Runner. Was thinking of trying to clone it, but thats obviously not a great idea, eventhough some friends say it can be done. Ive done this all before, but never messed with anything that autoflowers and Im not sure if it will jive with the light cycle of my other girls while in the veg state.

Figured throwing up this post would get some ideas flowing of how to utilize this strain.

5. just to make it clear from your previous post .... you CANT take cuttings off of autoflowering plants :p