Autoflower

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fong hawk, Aug 3, 2017.

1. I plan on starting some auto flower seeds today I'm gonna germinate them in water and move to 3 gal pots (was told by multiple sources to start and finish in same pot for autoflower). Just wanted to hear some opinions on lst on autos I've heard it's very easy to stress them out and to avoid super cropping just looking for experienced opinions for I'm new to this and want to get as big of a yield as possible obviously.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I was told the same. No topping and no transplanting. Very susceptible to shock. So I have 5 auto beans enroute. Being me, Ill be topping and transplanting one of them.. "tell me I can't and I will". It may be a while but Ill post back....

3. Lol I thought this journal was dead nobody answered ever. I ended up planting 6 of those autos 1 died and was just a runt the rest are on like day 28 I did top 1 and I did it kinda late like maybe day 17 I'll take pics and put some up later

• Like Like x 1
  4. All i grow is autos because i have a life other than grwing weed they are quick and easy i always germinate in a paper towel plant straight into 5 gal bag i have but dont LST anymore think its a waste of my time but what ever blows your dress up. I run 24/0 for a year now harvest 5 plants every 5 weeks in a 4x4 tent

When the swell starts dont let the yellow bother you as long as it starts at the bottom of the plant

5. Yes, transplanting may put them into shock. And with autos every day counts. I have seen several people online and in person that top their autoflowers. Strains that take longer to finish 10-12 weekers can recover quickly enough to catch up. Good luck and keep us updated.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [​IMG] white widow
    [​IMG] nl x bb
    [​IMG] white widow that I topped at around day 15
    Pictures were taken around day 27/28
    Now on day 31 will water tomorrow with ph water and some cal mag. Plants are growing an inch or at least close to that a day

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anybody have any opinions on water/feeding schedule? I'm around day 35 I have been watering once a week every Sunday (3 gal pots). Been using around half strength nutes and cal mag. Will switch to bloom nutes this week. When I feel inside the holes at the bottom of the pot at the end of the week it still doesn't feel wicked dry its a tad bit damp but I've been watering anyway bc a week seems like a long time. I just don't wanna over water I'm worried about it would anybody recommend anything else?

8. I feel the weight of the grow bag I'm about the same as you on the nutes i give them the veg nutes all the way thru keeps the yellowing down little give them 1/4 or 1/8 tsp cal mag every watering

• Like Like x 1
  9. My white widows are showing a little yellow on the bottom couple leaves gonna feed bloom nutes tomorrow see if it's greens up its been in flower for over a week now I've heard from some people to keep running veg nutes during pre flower and the first week of flower on autos then switch it up and you get better results so that's about the schedule I'm on we will see how it goes!

10. Dude is that artificial turf in your grow tent? If so that is freaking awesome

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I run veg nute all the way they yellow so fast when they start to swell. first couple times i grew autos freaked me out happens so fast but I'm used to it now and besides auto are so fast nothing you could do anyway

I grow seedsman white widows they stay pretty green more so than the haze strains

12. I do hvac and it's like technically a filter fiber but it's pretty much the same material as turf I had a bunch left over so I figured it be pretty good for a floor lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Interesting maybe I'll try to run just veg nutes in one and bloom nutes in a different one

14. Sorry you misunderstood me i give my autos just plain water first 2 weeks then i start veg nutes half strength every watering soon as i see tne first hair on either plant i start my bloom nutes and still use veg nutes half strength every watering when i think they are about a week before done i give plain water.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] all my plants look nice and healthy besides this one and this one grew weird from the start now its showing a lot of discolored leaves I just fed half strength bloom nutes yesterday and it looks like it got worse did I give this lady nute burn? I thought it was calling for something so I fed. I know it's tough to tell without more info (ph runoff) but I'll get that next time I water. I did have a small bug problem but I thought I fixed it

16. enjoyed the grow log keep us posted

• Like Like x 1