Autoflower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SensiMike, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hi, Im starting a few autoflower plants outdoors (auto AK, Auto bomb). Its my first grow and just was looking for some tips, i know the basics but anything will help :) ! I planted my first seed today, the auto AK.. I will keep updated on how that goes. Just looking for some advice on moving pots as its in a small potting pot atm? Or straight into my garden? What nutrients to do in a few weeks? stuff like that, I'd be gratefull for the help :hello:.
    Cheers

2. #2 hellokitty42, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    where do you live at? you are a little toward the end of the season but you should make it if you not in canada or something. they are fine in the pots now.. you should surround them with some fencing to keep animals out. make sure you look up a good soil mix here.. at least thats what i suggest. others would suggest pre mix, which isn't bad but certainly isn't ideal. for now you are gonna need mostly nitrogen nutes for veg. then phosphorus for flower. but thats as basic as i can put it. theres a lot more to it than that. then you gotta know whether you wanna do organic or you don't care. organic nutes seem to be as easy and efficient as chemical ones.. they are close to the same price range too unless you go with dirt cheap chemicals. some nice things for your soil are mushroom compost or other composts.. perlite, vermiculite, all types of meals, peat moss, coco coir, manure, and other what have you. Its important to have a light loose soil for quick growth.

3. It really depends on what type of pot your babes are in tho.. i wouldn't suggest transplanting until its used up the current soil, so that the root ball doesn't fall apart when u pull it out. Unless you are transplanting to hydro. which isn't the case.

4. In the UK, north west. Atm ive just planted the one seed, in compost, like a potting compost (not specifically for ganja). its inside right now was going to move it into the ground when the root base has formed. how will it do just in the soil in my garden, plants grow well there and there are lots of worms?? Think id like to do it organic really..

5. im kinda worried about your seed.. compost could possibly burn her up if it is literally pure compost. But due to our slight language differences you could mean what i would just call potting soil. If so you should be ok.

If your garden is for normal plants now I would spice it up a good bit for the ganja.. adding compost, guanos, bone meal, manure, rock phosphate, other meals but i would personally avoid blood meal (due to critters but I'm not exactly sure if you'd have that problem). but you can replace that with any other high nitrogen source. there are a million ways to do organics just cover each N, P, and K, a couple different ways.. A lot of people will over kill it and do say a good amount of; rock phosphate, phosphorous guano, and bone meal all at the same time.. thats just too much. So just cover your bases, don't over do it either, but don't forget trace minerals! Epsom salts are good for that.

Basically you want something like 10-30% organic matter depending on the strength and the rest goes to trying to lighten up your medium with peat moss and perlite and such.

6. Is there a good premixed soil I could buy that you reccomend? Your a big help :)

7. For now you can keep them in peatmoss/perlite solution... when they get bigger then start to worry about the soil and nutes... during the 15-30 days the plant will be fine without anything besides peatmoss/perlite substrate... With my experience... I still have to transplant my plants there only 2 weeks old... got 20+ of them though. ..

8. I'm in the UK myself and got a lemon auto and 60 day wonder. Outside in a frosted green house. I read that as long as the temp stays above 10'c and at least 12 hours of light then that's ideal for the process to switch over. I've been getting a low of 9'c at night with the crappy weather here at the moment. One has pretty much died. I reckon it's the 60 day but not 100%. I have them on a light feed. And the one that is Alice is doing ok i reckon.