autoflower yield

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by louds a must, Sep 4, 2012.

1. how much shud i expect from my auto pineapple express organically grown. shud i expect more or less buds than a regular plant with a photoperiod

2. #2 pointswest, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Considerably less than photoperiodic plants. It's like a sample package compared to the real deal.

PW

3. I've never grown them in high light hours to get the most out of them. Back in the 90's we got ahold of some of what we called catpiss. It was a rudie crossed with skunk or something. The biggest plant we got off those seeds was like an ounce started in March and finished in May. The average was 10 to 16 grams. Our fall planting was better because the cool weather made them produce more resin, but very much smaller yield. They are literally munchkins from what I've seen.

4. [quote name='"poppybgood"']I've never grown them in high light hours to get the most out of them. Back in the 90's we got ahold of some of what we called catpiss. It was a rudie crossed with skunk or something. The biggest plant we got off those seeds was like an ounce started in March and finished in May. The average was 10 to 16 grams. Our fall planting was better because the cool weather made them produce more resin, but very much smaller yield. They are literally munchkins from what I've seen.[/quote]

Wow I didn't know there were auto seeds available in the 90's! I tried some a few years ago and found them to be extremely unstable. Mine never autoflowered as advertised, and it made me very skeptical of them. Although now I've been seeing some really nice auto grows and am about ready to give them a try again.

Anyway, if you yield an oz indoors or 2 oz outdoors, that's doing good for an auto.

5. 3-4 oz a plant all organic under CFLs. Check the indoor thread in my sig. never had a decent one outdoors though

Boro

6. [quote name='"Borophyl"']3-4 oz a plant all organic under CFLs. Check the indoor thread in my sig. never had a decent one outdoors though

Boro[/quote]

I agree, I tried autos outdoor twice and hated them, did one indoor and got around 6 ounces of really good smoke