Autoflower Soil Question[Confused]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xXGanjah420Xx, May 15, 2014.

1. #1 xXGanjah420Xx, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Hi, this my first post hope its in the right category.

Alright.
    I've read that autoflowers need special organic soil and that Biobizz All Mix is a good one. However I cannot get my hands on it so how can i make my own? I've searched online but people say take Fox Farm Ocean soil and add perlite...I cant buy that either, they dont sell it where i live.

I have organic potting soil, and perlite but i dont know how to make my own mix.

The soil is apparently "organically fertilized" and has "airy texture"(maybe has perlite?)

How can i make the best soil for autoflowers and what else do i need?

Thank you.

P.S.: I'm a noob sry :/
    P.P.S: English not my first language, sry for mistakes.
    P.P.S.: I have BioBizz nutrients, Grow,Bloom and Max i think it was.

2. Mix your soil with the perlite, 50/50. Use fertilizer as normal.

3. #3 GoldGrower, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    It's the same for any marijuana plant, the fact that it flowers automatically makes no difference. Buy some general purpose compost, peat, and perlite at a ratio of 1:1:1 by volume and you will have a good mix

Biobizz are a good nutrient range.
    This is a good schedule

Weeks 1-3: just water
    Weeks 3-4: bio-grow 2ml per litre
    Weeks 4-5 bio-grow 3ml per litre
    Weeks 5-6 bio-bloom 3ml per litre
    Weeks 6-8 bio bloom 2ml per litre
    Weeks 8-10 just water

4. I suggest a nutrient free mix or a very VERY light mix of nutrients.

Try get some Peat moss or some Coco and do a 30 - 40 - 50% Perlite mix, as mentioned above biobizz is a a1 nutrient and is begginer friendly as Ph adjustment is not needed and overfeeding on biobizz is difficult.

5. I use plagron batmix from local hydro store, not failed me yet and don't need to use ferts for 6 weeks (bag says 4)

6. Thank you for the schedule and explanation.

I've read some more and i found this:

2:1:1
    black earth : perlite : vermiculite ?

Do you think this is a good mix?

7. What's black earth? I wouldn't use vermiculite, it's better than nothing but not as good as perlite, and it costs the same 

8. This is what i found in english:

And i meant to add vermiculite + perlite in same soil.
    I tried to look for peat but i only found like 85l bags xD and i cant get it

9. I ended up buy a 20l sack of BioBizz all-mix, just add some perlite and we're done :D
    Ty for replies and help

10. biobizz all mix is way to hot for a most strains as seedlings, They arnt meant to be taking in to much nutrients as a baby or they will get burnt my die :(

Biobizz light mix + a extra few scoops of perlite makes a excellent medium

11. I hate reading, so if it has already been answered or this wasn't the full question, my bad. 

Auto flowers don't necessarily need special soil, it is just a little more critical that the soil is perfect

Whenever I do an autoflower I just add a little extra perlite to the mix. I know this is mainly for drainage, but I also like to use a little bit more than normal so the soil is less dense and the roots can grow faster. 

12. The shop didnt have light-mix, only Biobizz All-mix, Canna Terra bio plus, Canna terra pro and a few other canna terra's xD
    So then i wont feed them any nutrients? Maybe a little bit of bloom later in flowering?

13. Do you mean these two products?
    Amazon.com : General Hydroponics GH5122 BioThrive Grow, 1-Quart : Soil And Soil Amendments : Patio, Lawn & Garden

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002...g_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S6MP4EX4M16HTWW09BR5

Can I use any of these with bio-grow and bio-bloom to enhance the growing
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005H79552/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005BHZJYY/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

14. No I don't, those are general hydroponics, I was talking about Biobizz, they are two different brands

I don't have any experience with those products so can't off any advice on them

15. Autoflowers have no special soil, it supposed to be grown easier and with less effort. Even if you put it in simple compost from shop down the road it will do good most likely, providing you supply the nutrients that the plant is lacking. What I have used, Coco musk, peat and perlite mix, and normal compost, I cannot tell which % but I just done it by eye. Works good. Atleast for me.