Autoflower at 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KRONIN, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Does it matter if you run 12/12 when growing autoflowers.Do they have to be under 18/6 for the max results?

2. I would say everything you grow would have to be under 18/6 for max results but that doesnt mean you won't get great results with 12/12. Basically, the longer you grow it the better it will be.

You mean 12/12 from seed right?

3. #3 lotek590, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    if heat or electricity is not an issue run them 24/0 seed to harvest. They will still flower inder 12/12 or 18/6 or 20/4 but 24/0 will give you best results. Autos need no dark period. More light, more pot.

4. I have never tried 12/12 but from what I have seen, they don't do well. 24/0 is best as long as you don't have a heat issue. You will get twice the growth with 24 hours of light compared to just 12 hours, this results in a huge difference in yield

5. From my understanding the yield is total shit

6. #7 lotek590, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    yes it is, until you start measuring yield in time, or in otherwords grams per year. rather than grams per plant (or in my case ounces.)

7. Are you saying that an auto on 12/12 takes less time to finish than one on 24/0? I would have thought is was the other way around.

Even so, I would still say that you will get more grams per year on 24/0 than 12/12

8. Ive seen 20/4 do better than 24/0 but of course there are too many variables to say which one is best.

I actually didnt know they would flower under 24/7. Im not too versed in auto mechanics (lol)

9. Their flower period isn't effected by light/dark hours, they flower as soon as they are mature enough

10. From my experience 20/4 seems best for Autos i believe in nature and i believe everything needs a bit of darkness and the more you mimic nature the better results i get with all types of plants.

12/12 Should be fine imo. Do what you can.

11. Apparently so, i always thought they were strains that came from an area of the world with 12/12 year round or at least a very early 12/12. But again i dont know much. This is prompting me to read more.

12. Thank for input yall

13. there is nothing natural about the way I grow my plants. The yields and quality I get surpass anything naturally grown. Nature is harsh and cruel. Many plants die before they get to seed. It's the main driving force of evolution

14. Nature is neutral.

We nurture, be good to your plants and they Will be good.
    Be bad to them and they will be bad.

15. Nature is bad, very bad. It's so bad that many plants die because of it. Neutral my ass. Torrential rain, heavy wind, drought, hot days, cold days, cloudy days, pests, diseases, these are all natural and aren't allowed in my grow. Trying to mimic nature is not a bright idea. Forget nature, give the plants what they want

16. Yes, forget nature, nurture your plants.
    Nature is only good for evolution.

17. #18 JBRONCFAN, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    Been growing autos for a few years now and have read a lot. I feel 18/6 is best for the vegetative period. I believe all plants need a night cycle for whatever reason. 18/6 addresses the needs of the rudalis. If you do 18/6 the entire grow, I feel you don't address the indica/sativa which is responsible for the thc/bud production. The indica/sativa bud heavy when the light is 12/12. I believe there is a hormone released at night that drives the budding process.
    I think when people say "leave the lights on all the time" they are only addressing the rudalis and NOT the indica/sativa part of the plant's genetics. I waited until about half way thru the grow, day 45, to switch the plant to 12/12. It's got real nice fat buds on it so far. I can see trich development and it still has at least 30 more days to go. I'll post pics at harvest.

18. What information are you basing those beliefs on? All marijuana plants are C3 plants and it's universally agreed that they do not require a dark period

19. Agreed, i dont see much of a difference between 18/6 and 24/0. Only that i dont have to bother turning the lights on and off or having a timer.

Ive seen 18/6 work, and ive seen 24/0 work. No difference so far, cept you save electricity on 18/6.

Personally 24/0 doesnt give me much bigger plants, not enough to be able to tell the difference. But i assume more light, more growth. Either way, the dark period doesnt result in better plants so it doesnt matter.

To each his own. Ive heard both work "better" than the other. Just like HID and LED. people claim both sides. Well, HID usually claims it works just as good where as LED claims to work better, just that it costs more.