Auto when to switch from mh to hps?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mr.greenleaf, Jan 29, 2014.

1. I am growing autoflowers from vision seeds and i currently have them under a 400 watt mh. My plants are 23 days old and i know mh is good for vegging and plant growth but the hps is good for flowering. My question is when should i switch to hps because autoflowers flower on their own?

Attached Files:

Don't buy crap auto strains so you can control the growth and decide how soon or how late you want to switch them to different bulbs and light times :)

3. [quote name="TSoaDK" post="19427905" timestamp="1390984993"]Don't buy crap auto strains so you can control the growth and decide how soon or how late you want to switch them to different bulbs and light times :)[/quote] i couldn't agree more i bought the seeds maybe 6 months ago and have learned a lot from then

4. You can pretty much take a non auto strain and determine how tall and spaced you want it, how thick and bushy you want it, and how short you want to keep it by topping or super cropping.

5. [quote name="TSoaDK" post="19427937" timestamp="1390985678"]You can pretty much take a non auto strain and determine how tall and spaced you want it, how thick and bushy you want it, and how short you want to keep it by topping or super cropping.[/quote] very true after this grow i plan on growing critical kush and LSD from barneys farm

6. You dont need to change light bulbs or timers for an auto. I grow lots of them and like them.

You can veg more plants right next to them and they will flower just fine.

7. Snoops right. You can keep it under mh the whole time if you wanted to pop some more beans to veg. If you're just growing ine out switch to hps when you start to see buds forming. You will get higher quality using just mh but you will yield more switching to hps after you see buds. That's a call you have to make. The yield difference on an auto with hps it mh would probably be minimal.