Auto strain light cycle?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lightstandard, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Can an auto strain be grown under a 24/0 light cycle from start to finish?

Thanks

2. Yes sir! I've been doing some research on autoflowering plants :D

3. Absolutely and its intended to be. Autoflowering refers to the plants ability to flower without being in darkness 12 hours...everything else about the plant is about the same. Autoflowers are Cannabis Ruderalis and another. Ruderalis evolved in places where theres sun 20+ hours a day...Siberia. Russians used it for hemp. Ruderalis actually has no THC was used and is used for hemp. Thats why its crossbred with others

4. I found an autoflowering phenotype of Willy's Wonder on Attitude...think I may try it out in the future. It also says it finishes in 60 days from seed to harvest.

What strain are you planning on getting?

5. I am actually doing my 1st crop of 4 different auto seeds right now which I will attach pictures of them.2 of them are getting ready to start budding if not before this Sunday.I have 5 other ones that are just sprouting but doing so well.I have not harvested yet but expect to do so at the end of February.I space my plants 2 weeks apart but am going to attempt the sea of green growing style but not sure.The auto are expensive but I hing well worth the cost.Here are some pictures of my set up and 2 auto strains that are about to flower.IF YOU GROW WITH AUTO SEEDS I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS.But these look sweet so far and I have brought the light closer by 4 ft or so.Pleave leave feedback as I am a virgin at this and could use alll the help I can get.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. crazygirl .... why is your light SO far away from your plants?

7. its way closer now i changed lights and they needed to adapt and not go into shock its about 2 1/2 ft lower now

8. Your plants are beyond the stage that there going to get shock. How close you have your light is pretty much based on how cool it is under them. When you take temps you take it from the top of the plant if its below 85 you can have that sucker as close as you want about.

9. good to know.Its about 83 in there right now and im dropping the light again today.The store owner said 6 in a day but I transplanted as well and there are seedlings.I will post pics in a few hrs after my set up is better.Thank you for the advice!

10. Plants look great Sad!

11. You should make a grow thread crzygrl.. I'm interested in how those auto's will turn out!!

12. I didn't realize you had seedlings....just saw the big plant. If its big lights low is fine. Seedlings not. 83 is pushing it..Id keep it at whatever height that is.

13. The temp is at 77 right now.I have 2 that should harvest by the end of February but I altered it so that the lights are about 18 or so from all the plants.Then i have 4 that are just getting going and 2 seedlings that havent popped yet.Do u prune auto plants?Thanks all of you for advice to make my 1st attempt ultra successful!Pics coming again soon.

14. Im still learning and wanted to start with autos because its winter,i had a grow room and a med mj license.

15. how do i start my own thread i have but there are so many areas.I dont know where to begin.