Auto Haze - First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jointrolling, May 15, 2011.

1. Just use scissors, cut the tips of the damaged ones off, like all the damage, leave only green. On the ones that are too far gone cut the whole leaf off at the base. It'll let light through to healthier parts of the plant. The damaged sections are just light blockers. Chop em off, I had to do it in a few plants before.

2. Maybe that's true on some of the earlier auto strains, I never see it in the new autos. Not saying it doesn't happen.

But to get the most out of an auto is the most light possible, like jointrolling says, I like 20/4 cause I like giving them a nap. If you only have a predetermined period of life such with autos, it's best to give them all the light you can, time is short.

3. Alright, thanks. I just have to be careful since I tend to overdo things.

Fitstoner your'e right, autos can grow on 12/12. It would work out perfectly for you since you have non-autos in the same tent. But autos are recommended at least a 18/6 schedule.(for optimal results)

Edit: Well deathhund wrote the same thing in a way.

4. Some autos actually like the lights on the entire cycle. If you check on attitudes web site most of the time, they will list how many hours the grower should run autos, if they don't then 18/6 would be fine well.

5. Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere else here, but that last picture looks like the plant is still in a cup of some sort or at best a very, very small container.

If so this also may be contributing to her small stature. Hard to say when there are also several other variables that need tweaking, but also something to think about next time.

It probably doesn't have the root structure effectively to support what it wants to be doing right now; not to say it won't do it, just doesn't have much to work with.

6. I feel your pain though OP, have haze auto going myself right now that has been a huge question mark up until now.

She's 49 days today, is 12 in tall, has only 7 nodes, and never has made more than 5 bladed leaves, but is producing nice looking nuglets at every available location.

Two weeks ago she was 3 inches tall, stem about as big around as my pecker, and fully flopped over on her side starting at the base of the plant.

I guess I'm just intrigued because mine really reached for the sky once flowering began and yours is very squat and compact. Wish I could post a pic...really need to buy a new camera.

Either way dude, props for having a lighthearted attitude toward the whole process!

7. Post some pics, I am also growing haze.

8. Thanks for stopping by man. But it actually is a pot, or a broken pot. I had it laying around, but it's only the top that broke off and I think it was a 1 gallon pot before it broke.

It might have been a bad seed that I got, but I really think she's small because of some mistakes I made. This is my first grow and I decided to learn how to on the way. No reason for getting pissed for growing wrong. I will be happy as long as I get a bud to smoke on knowing I grew it. I still have two more haze auto seeds to practice on before moving on to regular strains.

Good luck on your haze auto man and post a picture if you can.

9. Day 60

It was a long ass time from my last update. Sorry if anyone was waiting(probably not). These first pictures are from day 60, a week ago.
    Next post will be day 66.
    DSC09055.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Day 66

These pictures are from yesterday, day 66. Now you notice the difference between 6 days. All of the fan leaves have been dying but Lola still looks healthy in a way and I'm guessing this is because it is close to harvest time. The buds are small but I'm not expecting them to get much bigger anyways.

I also ordered a 60x microscope with led lights for $5 and it got here today. I'll be checking the trichs later on.

Attached Files:

11. So I checked the trichomes on Lola with my new microscope just now and I'm very excited.
    IT'S ALMOST HARVEST TIME! Although it varies from different parts, many of the trichs are milky and I even saw a few amber ones.

I might even harvest earlier than the 80 days it says on the description of the haze auto. I'm just going to wait until all the clear trichs have turned milky and then Lola will be cut down. I'm going to miss her.:(:p

12. good stuff man.

13. Thanks bro

14. I tried taking a few pictures through the microscope and it worked out alright.
    You see cloudy trichomes, amber trichs and some clear trichs in the pictures. Most of the amber trichs are in the third pic.

I have flushed once now but I gave a light mix of ferts a few days ago. Im going to flush one more time tomorrow and then harvest when the soil dries up. That will be in time for all trichomes to appear ready.

Attached Files:

15. Forgot to update, sorry about that.:p
    I have just been too busy and not home enough. Its summer!! :smoke:

I harvested Lola on sunday which would be Day 73 and the trichomes looked about ready. Most of them were cloudy but not as much amber. I would say that the Haze Automatic could have some potentiall because it really branches out. There were bud sites everywhere on Lola, even though most of them were way too small.
    I didn't check the wet weight but it did not look much anyways.

Now curing. I looked up different curing methods and at first was going to go with the usual air drying/curing in jar method. But that would take a while to get it right so I figured it wouldn't hurt to use the water curing method. It does have a dry weight that is about 10% less than air curing but I already have a really small yeild so it won't really matter.
    Water curing takes only 7 days but some say that most of the flavor is gone but thats better than harsh smoke. Basically the buds are placed under water so mold wont form and the water will absorb chlorophyll and nute chemicals. Then you just change the water once or twice a day for one week. After that, the buds can be dried using a fan and it won't take long since its mostly water that will evaporate. It will take a few hours at most.

I will post a smoke report once the buds are dry this coming sunday.

16. Interesting I never heard of the water dry method.

17. Congrats man and thanks for the journal, always nice to be able to follow someone elses experience with similar stuff goin on...

18. Yield? Smoke report? I can't wait for my haze!

19. Its a pretty good method if its your own stash because the weed will turn a bit brown but my buds still look acceptable to me. Water curing will also get rid of the weed smell when smoking so its a good stealth smoke but then you will lose a little flavor too.

Thanks bro. It was fun to write the journal. And since I didnt find much on autos, I decided it wouldnt hurt to show others my first grow with it.

Smoke report and yeild will come later on tomorrow after the buds are all dry.