Auto flowering soil and nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Hotwheelz, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Could someone please recommend a soil and also some nutrients for auto flowering plants?

Thanks

2. bump:D

3. Fox farm ocean forest already has enough nutrients to see a plant through its vegetative state so you could plant in an OF and soilless substrate mix and all you need to do is water it and make sure its in primo environment. You could also amend the soil with additional organic nutrients or feed it in intervals with an organic nutrient tea (applied to the roots or foliar spray). For flowering high phosphorous guano tea can be made with jamaican or indonesian bat guano and other organic ingredients like kelp and mollasses to attend to the plant's other needs. There's a lot of information on the web if you're specifically looking into organic growing, tomato growing forums especially kick ass. Autoflowering plants don't really need much extra attention as far as I know, just don't feed the plant high nitrogen fertilizer right before the flowering period begins

4. #5 heathenrider, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009

make some tea from this stuff or top dress the soil with it.
    Dr. Earth Organic 8 bud and bloom booster 4-10-7
    http://www.drearth.com/products/blened

5. Fish emulsion.:smoke:

6. (from my exp. 2 auto grows) keep an adequate amount of N through out the entire life cycle, they will use up almost all you give them and will get suprisingly big considering.....
    forever420's advice is solid, except keep that N there, they will gain size, and with such a small plant that grow so quickly(@week 3-4)that comes in handy. if you can do a good job forseeing actuall uptake then yah the last 2 weeks (or so) you can cut back on N and stick w/ P an K

remember though, if the soil is pre-enriched with NPK etc, that you need to be cautious when adding other ferts., i ran into pH probs, i was also using molllases and im not sure if it contributed to the prob. or just the teas(from guano an ewc) i "made" my own soil and could have added a bit more guanos to start w/ and not used shit thereafter......also guanos have small amounts of K so adding kelp or greensand would be an idea

.this is what i have planned for my next grow: the first 2/3 worth of soil will be a light to med mix of nutes an soil and the last 1/3 will be considerably more enriched with the guanos etc. and will be a more flowering based guano mix. hopefully yall follow my thought process there.

be carefull with FF soils, i would start out in some nute free starter mix for first 3 weeks like in a qt sized container, using a fish emulsion fert at 1/8-1/2 strength, then transplant into a 2-4 gall w/ FF. FF CAN burn younger plants, it might not always, but who wants to chance that?
    good luck!

7. I am using a mixture of clay and some dark soil from my back yard. We have a pit and about 12 years of old grass and plants and pets are all in it. I went down and turned the dirt over and this dirt was as dark as night.

8. Hey hotwheels! I've been doing a lot of reading up on low life plants (autoflowers and such). From what I understand autoflowering plants are a very picky bug to sqash. I definitly agree with forever420. FFoceanforest is the soil you wanna pick up. Mix that one 1.5ft/2 bag with .5 ft/2 of peralite. These plants like having a very well established root system. Also they really thrive off of root nutrients such as thrive alive. Don't add nutes for 3 weeks. and never exceed 3/4 recommended dose for the bloom nutes. good luck!

cheers