auto flowering plant18 hrs light x 6 dark with the growing lights.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joey Metro, Jul 31, 2012.

1. It is flowering.
    Should i just let it be or change to 12x12 and veging lights?

2. #2 BYOweed, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  3. Your best bet is to do your self a little homework on the strain of auto you plan to grow or growing. I have some autos that do better on a 20/4 and some 18/6 plus to add a little twist I have one strain that is best under 12/12 thats right I said on auto that dose best under 12/12. Ya I know some will say then its not an auto, but all I can say is the seed breeder states best to finish off on a 12/12 light cyc and they flower by them selves under a 20/4. But most auto you shouldn't have to change your light cyc.

4. Autos can be 24 hours a day lights on start to finish. Thats there main selling point you dont have to do nor is it suggested 12/12. All you will have is a stunted plant.

Why would you use vegging lights for flowering. You can but optimally a light for flowering.

5. #5 clflatt, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Wow I guess then the breeder dosent know as much as you.

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/freedom-of-seeds-big-domina-autoflowering/prod_712.html

From the Description
    Freedom of Seeds Big Domina Autoflowering Feminized is a crossed ONYX auto male from short stuff with a White Domina auto female from Kannabia seeds. The result is a very big girl indeed, between 60 to 100cm high, with many lateral branches and a huge top central bud. Her taste is nice and fruity with that lovely fluid vapor flavor from the white side of her gens, needless to say she is a very generous producer delivering a very high yield of solid heavy Nugs with white shiny sticky potent bud. 8-9 weeks from sprouting the seeds till finish in a 12/12 light cycle indoors, this way will result in denser and tighter buds. Outdoors it will finish in mid august. Yield: 150-200 grams per plant indoors, outdoors 250-300 grams per plant.

6. Blue berry ryder.

7. Its really based on the strain, most autos favor 18/6-20/4-24/0 light cyc. I dont have exp with your plant but like I said research your strain is the best way to find out. Its like I was told Big Bang auto do best under 20/4 cyc but after growing out a few different times I found I get the best yields under a 18/6 then finish them under 12/12. But my critical jack & my think different autos do best under 20/4.

But I would not try a 12/12 unless you are 100% sure its what you need to do. I have tried this and my yields sucked (30 grams instead of the 75 avg)

8. Never grew a auto that required 12/12. The vast vast if not nearly all the main selling point is no 12/12. Autos almost by definition do not flower based on a photo period but age. Hence the word photo period ... meaning 12/12.

Having to go to a 12/12 scheme would defeat the whole purpose of a auto flower.

9. Not that I don't agree here, but you miss the other point. TIME autos grow faster. I can site many threads on autos that have had to have a 12/12 cyc. So to state "all" are "most" is really not correct. But for me the light cyc dosent defeat the purpose as long as its life cyc is short. This is my point not trying to take away from what you are saying.

Heres a point my big bangs 3 grows, now their autos but yet take 3-6 weeks of veg before they start to flower then take 10 weeks to finsh. Their autos but yet take as long as photos I dont have to change the lights cyc but its best if I do. Not a good auto if you ask me. Point is every strain is different, and a may want something a little different.

10. I switched to flowering lights and add some flowering fertilizer. The buds looked like they got bigger over night. Lol.

11. right..................................but as he said, the *point* to having autos is to leave the lights on and still have it.......................auto................flower

that's where their name comes from.............................

12. OK my plant was over fertilized. Whole plant burned from fertilizer. The bud tops burned. I clipped off the top bud pile which was most burned. It was very sticky from kief. Smoked 2 bowls and it was great. Very small because i think it needed more time. Very nice high. The weed was half moist half tan burned. I killed it with attention. Sad it would have been better. Should i jar the rest or leave it and see what happens it is a really small rudalis.

13. Being it was so dry i jarred the little that had grown.