Auto-flower Problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tripsovadamo0n, Nov 28, 2011.

1. So we have 4 x 3 gallon pots used.

2x Auto Black jack
    1X Auto La Diva
    1X Burmese Kush

Soil = Foxfarm Ocean forest potting soil + added Perlite, peatmoss, vermiculite, bloodmeal, bone meal,and sand (to keep fungus gnats from relaying).
    Treatment 1: added Cinnamon powder to the surface
    Treatment 2: Chamomile and mosquitto dunk tea to also help kill gnat larva andeggs.

Nutrients: Canna brand
    Terra Vega, Terra Floress, Boost, Rhizotonic, PK 13/14, Cannazym
    Autos: 1/4th recommended dose
    Reg: full dose

Light: 400WAT HPS
    cycle 18/6

Set up: Grow tent, 20x63x26"
    Extras: C02 enhanced
    method 1: Dry ice
    method 2: live brewing, hose connected to tent sending c02

Pest prob 2: located 2 tiny spider mites.
    Controlled by Rosemary-oil foliar spray.
    the main problem with this was (I think we added too much dish soap to themixture).. Or did not use the right soap (soap used- Dawn antibacterial handsoap with apple blossom, dishwashing liquid). (Bad choice I did not listen to my Gf about unscented)..
    also I did not rinse off plants after a few hours… (problem causer I believe)

Main plant problem = Black jack (think it is soap burn)

Everything still smells and looks awesome.. just a fewcrappy spottiness on the 1 less bush like BJ.

Burmese- was topped hoping to top again soon.
    Flushed and rinsed off the foliage of them all.

Attached is some photos of today's problems

Attached Files:

2. Soo... yeah if anyone can help us determine what could be wrong that'd be sweet!. Still pretty new to this.

3. Your plants look over fertilized. How long did you use regular water before adding nutrients?

The fox farm soil you planted in already contains enough nutrients to sustain proper plant growth for up to a month.

4. Went 2weeks b4 I started nutes.. I think I shouldn't have added bone and blood mealbut I read it on some other post somewhere that they added it to their ffof.
    I hope its just that simple.. and not somthin like tobaco mosaic virus witch looks similar I think

Today I notice more spots now on smaller leaves closer to the buds.... I realy worried bout this one. So should I still try flusng or will that be over watering it ?

5. Heres some more pics for today

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      304.7 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      412.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      202 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      249.2 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      275.5 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      232.9 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      219.2 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      224.3 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      186.4 KB
      Views:
    • babies.jpg
      babies.jpg
      File size:
      435.3 KB
      Views:
  6. I was thinking as I read your post with an amended soil mix that you started out with you could probably sustain most normal 60-70 day autos without much added nutes if any for the whole grow.

Did you pop these in the same soil mixture or did you transplant once they took root?
    reason I ask is that starting autos in to hot of a mix can force hermaphrodites.
    Good luck and be safe

7. Yes right in the soil no transplanting. I read that autos don't like transplanting and balling up roots is a no no... So flushing
    Is what I need to do right? It won't over water it cuz I flushed few days ago b4 I posted anything..

8. First off, are you sure that it's an auto-flower? Looked like she veged out pretty big before flowering.

Ok my assumption will be a pH issue. It looks like phos def or burning or light burn. But it is more than likely a pH issue. So you need to check the pH of the soil and correct.

Also in my signature there is a thread with nute def info and links to sites that give insight on your pH issues.

9. Yes I have 3 autos! And my lite is at 18/6 of course there autos...All from attitude......One of my blackjacks is the peoplem I just tried flushing with spring water oh at 7.4 and runoff is 5.84 she looks realy bad today! Idk what to do.. got less than 20 days till she sapose to done and idk what to do... Should I flush with a higher ph or what?

10. Ok I flushed her again this time with a high ph of 10 and brought the runoff to around 6.5 so I hope this helps... Any other suggestions would be appreciated.. thanks.

11. Get some dolomite lime and a pH meter. Take the guess work out of correcting your soil. I dont know if you'll be able to save them in time but atleast it'll prepare you for next time... Good luck buddy!

12. I would not add vermiculite to the soil. Vermiculite keeps the moisture in. So unless your soil dries out too quickly between watering, vermiculite is not needed.

13. We have a PH meter.... I posted levels on last few posts.. anywho the lime, its hard to find it here.. i know home depot has garden lime idk how effecticve it is compared to dolomite.

also i can find some epsom salt in the pharmacy area at my grocery store in case i need that...

if i were to get the garden lime from depot how would i aply that to my soil? mix with h20 and flush it through or just add it dry to the surface??... and how much to add??

oh and the epsom salt um its mostly mg right? so should i add lil bit with garden lime to make it equal to Dolomite lime which has cal and mg.... and garden lime is just cal?.... so any advice on that would be sweet!

I appricate all the replys and many more would be some great help! thanks guys:)

14. Here are some new pictures on the B-jack. Not doing the best, but we don't see any new damage...

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      221.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      166.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      135.2 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      238.1 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      276 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      183.4 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      286.2 KB
      Views:
  15. I can't blow em up but it looks like bad water/light burn small. If all new growth or top growth looks good I would not worry too much this close to the end.
    I am no expert by any means but I would not sweat it.
    Which one is the La Diva will you post a couple of separate pics for me of that one as I am interested to see what it looks like. I have one going now as well and would like to see what your looks like:D

16. Here ya go bud.. The photo with 3plants is right to left the La diva, burmese, and the bushy B-jack. All the rest should be just La diva. few days ago, + some new ones from this morning.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      269.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      280.4 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      262 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      219.4 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      238.8 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      236.8 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      297.3 KB
      Views:
  17. So we believe we figured out our problem to be calmag def and lil nute burn...
    Fixed with garden lime and Epsom salt to water and folerspray with epsom salt.....Tanks every body for the replys and help to diagnose the problem..

18. Your la diva size and growth wise look much better than mine. Mine is just starting to flower so who knows what it will go through in this process, it may not stay bright and green like it is?:confused_2:

Um as for the mag def concern if you are looking at the yellowing in pic 4 and 7 that is not magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency is quite common where I live because we get hundreds of inches of rain a year.

That may well be Calcium Deficiency, but I can not say for sure? In anything that fruits calcium problems affect the fruit but I don't know if that would be true in the case of MJ flowers?

I would say with almost 100% certainty mag deficiency is not what that is. It has a very distinct look. It looks like someone sucked the emerald green out of the leaves leaving only the veins emerald and the other leaf parts will be a limey green color.

It is actually very attractive and does not generally cause any kind of diseased look although if left untreated it can make the plant more easy to infect with other things as well as more susceptible to other deficiencies.

19. La Diva harvest 20g. not bad for an experiment.
    Two BJ's: waiting for harvest

Attached Files:

• 074.jpg
      074.jpg
      File size:
      407.8 KB
      Views:
    • 075.jpg
      075.jpg
      File size:
      326.4 KB
      Views:
    • 076.jpg
      076.jpg
      File size:
      193.2 KB
      Views:
    • 150.jpg
      150.jpg
      File size:
      339.6 KB
      Views:
  20. No that is not bad at all. I did not even get 5 out of mine. It looked nothing like that though:confused:
    It was very caramel colored:cool:
    You did a great job:D