Auto Flower, Nutes, Ph, and Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fm1776, Oct 20, 2010.

1. I will be starting my first grow in the next week or so. I have purchased three different auto flower lowryders from The Attitude seed bank's pick and mix. I will be growing one plant at a time in a closet with a bio dirt under 4 x 65 watt full spectrum cfl's. The only other thing that will be in my closet is an oscillating fan. Since I am only growing one plant at a time I will control odor with a patio door and Febreze.

I have read that it is not necessary to change lights to the 27 watts to simulate autumn for flowering when dealing with auto flowers. And, that it is ok to go 18/6 for the entire grow?

Plus, I was looking at buying some products to aid in my babies development. The product line I am considering is Biobizz, simply because I think it will be the most forgiving to a beginner. The specific items I am looking at are Biobloom, Topmax, and Rootjuice.

Could anyone comment on adding nutrients to short growth auto flowering strains? And, more specifically provide any links to product(s) that would be easiest and most forgiving to beginners?

Lastly, testing and controlling PH. Would I simply pick up a tester and control products at a pet store or are there better products I should find on-line?

Any feedback would be welcome and feel free to provide product links.

2. I Recommend 18/6 for Veg Stage and then transition to 12/12 for Flowering Stage.Good Luck with your grow

3. Go 18/6 all the way through the grow, going 12/12 will only decrease your yeild

Autoflowers don't need a Change in light cycle to start flowering they will automatically flower

4. I have read it both ways. But I think the majority agree with you. I will go 18/6.

Do you have any ideas on nutes for auto flower lowryders?

5. for autoflowering plants, use a 20/4 light cycle throughout. no need to switch to 12/12 because its autoflowering. If you switch to 12/12 you will get a lot less bud from an already low yielding auto. I used the FoxFarm trio (GrowBig, BigBloom, TigerBloom) and that worked good for me. Just make sure to measure out exactly how much your using and follow a schedule.

6. Mate, thanx! I will look at the FF trio. How about the 6500k versus 2700k lights. I will have both. Is one better than the other for auto flower or maybe a combination?

7. if the cfls give off an yellow/orange tint, that is good for flowering.. i would use white and the yellow/orange if you have it but it shouldnt matter too much