Auto Amnesia Seedsman DWC LST LED CFL (Alphabet Soup)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Criard1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Hello everyone!
    Newish member here. Used to lurk and occasionally comment here years ago and was a bit more active on Gardenscure, but here we are.

Anyway I'm used to soil so this will be my first hydro grow. It actually belongs to my friend and I'm just here to guide him and help out since it's his first grow.

Running a single fem auto Amnesia that came as a freebie from Seedsman after 3 auto Blue Mystics failed to pop.

Lights: 75w mixed spectrum LED, 50w CFL (bluer spec)
    Nutes: Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom. Great White mycorrhizae. *I also have some GH Rapidstart root enhancer that I've used a small amount of, and Floraliscious which I'm thinking of using as a light foliar feed. Is anyone familiar with these products?*

Here we are at day 21 of estimated 70-80, ppm430 pH 5.8:

Attached Files:

2. I got 3 of them growing 2 weeks to harvest now. Okay plant, pretty resiliant. You definitely need a real light though. Those won't do much for you. Maybe I'm wrong, never used cfls or blurples but just a suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I tend to agree with that not being enough light. It'll grow, but the buds will likely be very loose. Looks like a good start tho.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

4. Oh really? I had read to aim for 45w per square foot and thought we would be good. LEDs are new to me as well, obviously.
    HPS and MH aren't really an option as he doesn't want to pay that kind of every bill.
    What kind of wattage should I aim for?

5. 45w per square foot is for latest high efficiency led diodes. Not for blurples or cfls. PPFD/w is very different between two so it should be more like 90w/sqf for you for example. Just make a 100-200$ investment and get a real right.

6. Looked up the auto amnesia and its supposed to grow between 2' to 4'. Will be needing more than 1 sqft. I'd guess at least 2x2. Need about 200w for that.

7. You will have problems with root rot after you get in a decient light. Those white buckets lets in light. Light at the roots equals for sure death to the root ball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agreed. Get some silver insulating tape. The metal kind. Wrap the bucket. Then put some plastic or something over the lid area. Root rot sucks.

9. Ah that makes sense with the buckets. I've got some reflectix I can wrap it in

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bucket wrapped

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. That might work.

12. That'll work perfectly. Especially if it's insulated

13. Here we are at day 30; 24/0.
    Staying extremely short and squat, the stalik is getting pretty thick and sturdy with very little spacing between nodes. I was going to try some LST but there's really not enough room between nodes to get some twine in there to pull it. As it is, it looks like it's just going to be one big football cola plant.

Starting to show some preflowers so I'm thinking of starting to increase my bloom/grow ratio. I've been doing 3-2-1 grow-micro-bloom so far, currently at 490ppm.
    IMG_20190209_221530462.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Looking nice, my auto amnesia from seedsman at day 77

Threat her good, got 3 different phenos of her. First pics the oldest one. Last pics are youngest one mandorin pheno. She wasn't ready but I needed smoke so chopped the main bud.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't know much about hydro but I would say keep feeding her more nitrogen high in first weeks of flower since shes not making anything with phosphorus for first few weeks shes just spitting pistils and stretching. So she still needs nitrogen for stretching and making leaves till it totally stops growing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looks good! Definitely looks like you got more sativa leaning phenos. Mine definitely looks like a NL/Afghani dominant pheno.

17. (From day 30) Managed to find a spot to start the LST. Here she is bent over to the left, exposing all of the thriving shoots that were hidden beneath the broad fan le IMG_20190210_175018745_HDR.jpg aves. We'll see how she looks in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wow they really are attacked up nodes looking forward to followed on I run seedsman allot great genetics

19. Not "great" genetics but I would say "can't go wrong genetics". I'm saying that because all 3 phenos I got has something good to them.

20. Blurples grow just fine tho i dont think that light is gonna do much.
    I can hit 1.5gpw with blurples easy people give them shit when theyve not even used them.

• Like Like x 1