Auto AK47 soil grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenThumb14, Mar 2, 2013.

1. My is my first real grow, but first success of many previous attempts.

Strain: Auto AK47

I started these off in a new cabinet that I built.. I wasn't too happy with it,
    despite putting countless hours and an ass load of money in to it (long story).
    They started off in a smaller compartment of the cab in an RDWC system and under 4 23w CFLs.

The new tent setup is for an RDWC 12/12 grow, so I decided to pot these Auto AK's and see how they would do.

They're currently under a 250w Philips CMH bulb on a low freq. digital ballast. I'll be adding another 150w Philips CMH to the air cooled hood soon.

The tent setup is 6x3x4. It's divided in to 2 3x3 sections and wrapped in Panda film. I'll have a removable scrog screen mounted around 12" above the flush mount 5g rdwc containers. Growing 1 plant per 5g container, so a total of 4 plants in the tent on a hopefully 4-5wk perpetual harvest schedule with a Critical Sensi Star strain and cloning.

I'm currently germing the Critical seeds, and these Auto AK's are doing so nice that I decided I should grow log them. They're about a week in to flowering now and are at 7" and 8" tall, growing an inch a day. I transplanted them to soil 3 days ago.

Attached Files:

2. Subbed. I want to see how those autos pan out. They look real healthy bro.:D

mj:smoking:

3. #3 GreenThumb14, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks Marvajuana! They're doing great, especially considering I transplanted from hydro to soil.

I don't know much about the strain other than they are auto and supposedly an AK47 cross. I got the seeds from a breeder in Europe to test them out and he didn't have much info to give me. All I know is that they seem to have excellent genetics. Very easy to grow, very resilient. They went through some lighting and environmental stress and still turned out fem.

Pics from last night...

Attached Files:

4. Nice GT, They look like mine about a week after the flip to 12/12. I have to order some of those autos for an early summer harvest outdoors. Were those fem seeds? Most I have looked to buy are femed. That is so you have to keep buying seed every crop. I would rather have regular seeds and run a seed crop. Hey check my grow if you get a chance,in my sig line.

mj

5. They're regular seeds, not fem. Apparently you can fem your own seeds using colloidal silver, but I haven't done any research on it.

I have 12 more of these seeds so some day I plan on breeding a male so I can collect more. I'm really liking them, obviously.

Here are some pics of my setup and the plants from today...
    They're up to 9" and 7"... The only soil growing I've ever done before is veg/fruit garden. I much prefer hydro...

Attached Files: