Australian bastard cannabis - need help growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zens0r8, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Not too sure if this is the right place to be posting, but I've been given some seeds which my mate called "mutants". I did a bit of research and so far I've figure out that the "mutant" strain is what it is called in many seed banks.

I'm quite interested to know what the differences are between an average indica x sativa hybrid, or other common strains.

Also looking to see if other people have had success with strains like abc or duckfoot.

:)

2. Sweet deal'z best of luck to ya good chap. 

3. #3 corkybuchek, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    the difference tween sativa and indica would have to be the climates where each sub variety evolved.  historically, the transfer of pollen across great distances was somewhat unlikely, and even if a bit of pollen or seed travelled around the world did not affect the genetic pool that much due to climate.  thinner bladed, spindly sativa thrived in humid hot tropics by shedding the ambient moisture off quickly and swaying with the top heavy buds easily in the breeze.  while most broad leaved indica channel every bit of rain onto the leaf surface holding on the water like a village's harvest on their dinner plates. The indica have more dense bud structure in order to stop the high winds of the desert... probably providing a better windbreak however regarding windbreaks i would like to re-read section from "Edible forest gardens"

The difference in environmental soil profiles and relationship with terpene profiles in another ponderance due to completely different mineral contents and nutrient uptake rates. 

a bit beyond the points I am aware of

4. #4 mongyhunter, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    If what you have is Australian Bastard Cannabis aka Mongy, than it's extremely important that the genetics are preserved, pass on, and proliferate. Apparently in the 20 years since this variety has been found, several breeders have given away and sold many seeds, but nothing became of it and it was lost. Up until someone cross-bred ruderalis with sativa/indica hybrids no one thought ruderalis was very special or had any merit as a seperate species of the cannabis plant that had it's own unique properties. I believe something similar is the case with mongy, it very well might be a new as-yet unknown variety, even species, of the cannabis plant. From all of my reading and research on this strange Australian mutant, it's possibly a unique landrace strain that evolved in Australia to be frost resistant, extremely hearty, with small, thick leaves, like a shrub. It may not be very appealing as it is, but it's an important development in cannabis botany and horticular. The most vocal original breeder refuses to sell seeds, and they've now become nearly if not entirely impossible to find through any breeders wishing to sell online.

Please contact me, I know it might seem odd, but the future of cannabis may depend on it. Do you have any more? Are you willing to breed them and produce seeds?

Thank you, I hope you take this seriously as I'm quite serious and motivated. I'd be willing to work closely with you if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1