ATTN: You are all addicted to marijuana!

Discussion in 'General' started by ledfut, Feb 12, 2007.

1. http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/

this reminded me of half baked

you in here for some marijuana? oh man this is some BULLLLLSHIIITTTT

i used to suck dick for coke. did you ever suck dick for marijuana?

let's boo this man

boooooooooooo...

2. I like and dislike this site.

There is a fine line between responsible use and irresponsible abuse. of ANY drug.

Lets pick this apart:

this is not a sign of *addiction* this is simply a signed of prolonged and intense use and in no way relates how an individual goes handles and treats a drug.

This indeed is a true sign of abuse. All fault for this is found in the inherent addictive nature demonstrated by the individual and is not a result of the chemical compound.

Disagree. I spend a lot of time at work to. I spend a lot of time asleep (almost half my life!). I spend a lot of time eating. By their definition I'm addicted to those things too. recreational cannabis use is a hobby. If I weren't doing that I'd be building train sets.

This can become a problem when marijuana use is restricting you from perusing your sober interests. This is all about balance. Any intelligent person is able to maintain this balance.

This is what I was getting at before. I'd agree with this. But there seems to be a nasty habit in people blaming the drug for the actions of an individual. If you're lazy and you don't go to work because you'd rather smoke a joint -- thats not the joint's fault.

this is utter bullshit. First off, some people will be fully aware of the risks, have full knowledge of the possible and definite implications and will weight what they value and continue to peruse something. This is the very reason why I still climb into a car and drive onto the highway.

I could easily die in a horrific car crash, but hey -- I need to go places! I hate driving places, I hate being in a car, but I know if I chose to never climb inside one, my quality of life would be very poor.

Just because I value cannabis in my daily life doesn't mean I'm addicted if you disagree with that choice based on your own personal values.

And of course, we've been debating away the voodoo pharmacology of cannabis for the last 80 years. We've learned a TON about cannabis in the last decade.

We're learning more and more everyday about how it can help us heal, how it can help us grow, how it can treat illnesses and help people maintain a sense of normality. We're learning everyday that the preconceptions we have accumulated over legal drugs (alcohol and nicotine) are wrong, and we're learning to trust our observations, even if it doesn't fit the rhetoric of Anslinger's America.

3. ^^^ +rep

you nailed that

4. if you look on their "signs someone is using marijuana" they have

dialated pupils
    then a bit later
    enlarged pupils

it's almost as if they just repeat themselves to make the list look bigger. the best part is they have a number. my friend and i are going to get baked and call them up. when i do that, i'll make sure to post the story.

5. Rasta Man, great fucking post. If I could give you more rep I would.

6. #6 Floydian, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019

7. Heh heh. Man, that's some funny shit. I got a good laugh from that "Marijuana Prices" page they have. They try make it look like the increase if grass prices over the years is some sort of dangerous problem. Well, fuckin' everything increased in price over the years, especially gas. Not only that, but they have the same fucking information on several of their pages just for filler. And jus what the hell does testing marijuana on twins have to do with anything? Oh yeah. Nothing. They just think it sounds more important if they say that, when they could have the same damn results testing on anyone. I really wish people would learn to think before they decide to say something profoundly stupid.

8. I didn't bother read the link, as I've had my fill for a bit but I get the gist. great breakdown Rasta, +rep if it's not to soon since last I repped you. You too Floyd. As I am much to busy wasting my life smoking weed, I am just going to use all of your words and substitute, "chess", for "music". In my younger years I spent 6 to 8 hours a day studying my game for months at a time. I have done this with a few of my interests. That's just the way I am. When something peaks my interest, I tend to put everything I've got into it.

9. i couldn't really find anything on the facts part, that would ever convince me it was bad for you. the only draw back seems to be it's bad for your respiratory system (which i truly agree with), everything else were only effects while intoxicated.

10. They often include crack?
    They are often dipped in PCP?

Since when?

11. They fail to list all the ways to smoke, vaporizer...

12. Shit, addicted to mary? Even if I were...fuck it. I'm addicted to caffeine and cigarettes too. Shit...I'm drinking coffee and smoking right now! JUNKIE!!!

13. Not I! I am not addicted and never have been. I can just stop anytime I want and I have. Addicted to MJ, yeah right! It's all in your head..

14. "I know that it is[bad, unhealthy, and illegal], and anyone that thinks that it isn't, it's kind of sad to say this, but wait and find out … you probably will, you know," Kelly says.

yeah, over 5,000 years of documented cannabis usage, much of that medicinal, but i'm sure we still don't know the effects of the drug.

these people are fucking lowlives, because they just lie. it's actually just bending the truth around certain lines, but, IMO, knowingly doing so just to persuade people a certain way is lying.