attic

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mindlessroller, Jul 17, 2006.

1. my friend is trying to grow in his attic and he says its kind of hot. we dont have any real lights cuz this our first time so were just putting by the window until we can get lights... what is a good temperature for plants to grow in and should we put a fan in the room to cool it down. also where can you buy lamps and whats the cheapest you can get a decent one for ?

2. Yes you definatly need something to keep it cool up there...I'm no good at explaining things but i'll try... Heat rises and floats up in the air lol. I was in the lounge the other day, and the fire was burning. It was warm. A light blew so i got the ladder to change it. Stood up the ladder and started to sweat...fucking hot even a few steps up, so in your attic, it'll always be much hotter than room temp

sorry to blabber on lol, but without a doubt you'll need something like an extractor fan up there - or a slice of antarctica ;)

Go to Home Depot or your local hardware shop...they'll have fluerecent lights in tubes or compact.....you wont want to use High Pressure Sodium bulbs in an attic coz it'll fry up there. Flueros are the best. Since it's an attic - and probably quite spacious - use fluero tubes. they stay quite cool so your plants wont fry, and they put out a good amount of lumens.

hope this helps :confused:

3. Attics are sweltering places in summer, and freezing cold in the winter.

4. yeah any info i can ge definately helps... ahha and also thanks for not just tellin me to read the grow guide. i have read it like 10 times and i still dont get much of it.

5. Hi buy a thermometer the ideal temp is between 25 _ 30 c or 80-85 f

If u dont understand grow guides,
    then u will find it much harder to get a good plant!;)

6. What is the ambient temp in your attic now? I gave up on an attic grow because of temp issues. A household fan won't do anything to cool off an entire attic, you will need to actively vent heat out and have a source of cool, fresh intake air.