Attic Grow: Swazi Skunk and Mystery Mix.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by czarr, Jul 5, 2006.

1. This is my first grow. I planned on using the closets of my new apartment but once i got a better look at them it was clear that this wasn't going to be possible. Incidentally my attic has a section walled off and insulated with two windows in the front of the house:). So up went the white plastic purchased from the local hydro shop and two tents were constructed. Each grow room is about 5x5 and as of now only the veg room is setup usiing a cool tube, 400 watt MH light and a 600 cfm Ostburg fan. It became apparent during the setup stage that negative pressure wasn't going to work in the tents (i previously had just had a duct run from the tent to the window) so we put a window fan into a box, sealed it up, and ducted that to the window and tent. The result: a stead flow of fresh air from outside the house. After finally getting a thermometer in the room we relized temps were a big issue (90+). We couldn't have an airconditioner sticking out of our attic window so it sits inside on a table with a fan drawing out the hot exauhst through ducting. We're still working out the kinks and its been running 24/7 but temps stay below 80 now:). We've begun to notice a few things however. Some of our Mystery Mix plant's leaves appear to be folding sort of. Theres also some discoloration to the point of almost white spots on some plants, and finally a tiny a hole on a leaf (possible infestation??). I photographed as best i could but the qualities kinda poor.

ducting
    [​IMG]
    A/C (Hanging duct is for the flowering room's cool tube but is used to suck any leaking hot air from around the ac for now)
    [​IMG]
    The first sprouts enjoying the light
    [​IMG]
    Transplant!
    [​IMG]
    Lighting

[​IMG]

Night temps
    [​IMG]
    Folding leaves
    [​IMG]

Healthy lookin Swazi x Skunk

[​IMG]

Fresh air box fan
    [​IMG]

Side profile of a mystery
    [​IMG]
    Hole in leaf
    [​IMG]

Again, this is my first grow so let me know if they look under/over watered or anything else. O yeah, and i have them runnin on a 24/0 light sched.

2. i like your fresh air box fan....does it work well?

3. nice setup

4. Thanks. The fan gets the job done but its pretty inefficent. (its blowing on high however the amount of air actually comming in is low but plenty.)

5. Beautiful :) going good, if you can bring the light lil closer, but dont if heat will be a problem

6. Theres no heat between the light and the plants (the glass is cool to the touch) i'm just afraid that the outer plants won't be getting enough light if it goes any lower. I have external wings for the cool tube but i'm still tryin to figure it out. It seems like i have to take the internal one out for light to hit the wings and i'm not sure if the internal one will fit on the outside of the tube (the wings don't cover the area above the bulb). I'll have to experiment with it today:cool: