Attention people with lip piercings.

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by JustChill84, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I want to get the vertical labret piercing in about a week or so. I was wondering though how smoke would effect it? Does that hurt it when it's healing or anything? Does anyone have a lip piercing that could give some advice?

I've got a pic of the piercing here. I was thinking I could probably hit a bubbler or something but not a bong? Because the bong mouth piece would go right against the piercing and that might not be good when healing..
    [​IMG]

2. my buddy got one similar to that and his tung and he had a little trouble hittin wide mouth bongs for a little but the smoke dint effect it none just watch out with blunts or joints make sure u clean any res or shit out.

3. Keep it very clean, but dont over clean it. I know it seems like strange advise, but once you start, you'll get the hang of it.

4. It will be tender and puffy for a few weeks, just stick to smoking joints over bongs for a few weeks. Just rinse with your solution after you smoke to keep it clean. Once it heals you will get used to it then you'll be able to rip your bong as much as you want. Ive had my lebret for about 12 years now and I still love it, enjoy!

5. I've had my lip pierced 3 times, and i currently have it in the middle

you're not supposed to smoke anything when it is healing, but i did

6. I've had my labret/lip pierced for 8 years now. I smoke mainly bongs and I've never had a problem. You're not supposed to smoke while it's healing, but I kept mine clean and didn't have any problems.

Mine never hurt at all.

Never really had any problems with any smoking device really.

7. I didn't smoke back when I got my labret done. I had the standard labret piercing. I was very cautious when it was healing. I would suggest not smoking because I have seen peoples lips get infected and it's nasty. However, it's really up to you.

I miss my labret but it destroyed my gums and now my gum line is receding.

8. Yeah that's the reason I'm getting the vertical labret. The piercing isn't in your mouth at all and doesn't touch teach or gums.