Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Attention Oregonians!!

Discussion in 'General' started by FunkeeNuggz514, Jun 10, 2009.

1. What's up people? I have got a question for you people living in the lovely green state of Oregon. I am from Indiana and I am planning on moving to Portland a couple days after Christmas. Well, I am getting my own apartment and my best friend lives out there so I am good to go as far as that goes. In my Economics class, we have been talking about unemployment and I have noticed Oregon's is pretty high. Is it really that bad out there or is the media making it look worse than it really is.

Another question I have is what is the main source of income? Like here where I am from, the auto industry employs almost half of my town. Is there anything I should know before moving out there? I am looking to pay around 700-750 for an apartment......but I need a job, ya know?

Also, is it easy to get away with growing out there? I have some seeds I have been wanting to plant and thought this would be the best way to go.

If anyone else has any information of whatever I should before moving there, please let me know!!