Attention Auto Growers, Please Help Me Decide - A Poll

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CaptJonLuc, Dec 17, 2018.

?

Which Mephisto Genetics seeds should I run in a single strain run?

1. Northern Cheese Haze

2. Orange Diesel

3. Forgotten Cookies

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I put this inside my new journal, which was the wrong place. Out of three Mephisto strains please help me decide which one to grow first. Since this will be my first grow in 16 years, I want to start with one strain so that I can focus on dialing in my feed regimen and schedule and not have to deal with issues that may arise when growing multiple strains.

2. I personally pick forgotten cookies or orange diesel.

I’m not a fan of cheese strains.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What are you specifically looking for in your weed? Ulitimately it is the stone that counts. The stone is what takes some skill to dial in. Is size of plant or max yield an issue? All seeds these days are about the same as far as ease of growth. You have to actually look hard for one that is difficult to grow. Growing one strain only is fine for the growing part but gets old when you have to smoke 5 oz of the same strain, and that is just one plant. Also, when you think you know something, if you try a new strain you will quckly see you know nothing. One of my attractions to autos was I could start a new different seed every month. I haven't grown any Mephisto, but if do it would be Fugue State. They say it make you talkative.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yeah keep what guy above in mind said too. you’re gonna get real tired of the same strain real fast. Grow atleast two strains so you can mix it up. Do that orange diesel. I did deez nugs (orange diesel x strawberry nuggets) and it seems mostly orange diesel pheno. Very orange flavors. Good.

5. I agree about the stone. For me it goes a little deeper then that. I'm looking for pain treatment. I suffered a traumatic head injury in 2005, I have neuropathy and back pain. My wife has Fibromyalgia. We both struggle with depression and I have anxiety. The OD and NCH were purchased and the FC were freebies, so those are what I have on hand. My grows are gonna be 3 plants, so I was thinking last night do 2 OD's and one NCH. Thank you @moabfighter and @Talkative for your input.

6. Can’t go wrong with Forgotten cookies..she can be a heavy yielder..
    [​IMG]

Pulled this one on day 82 from seed. Got around 12 oz off her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. wow, what light was that grown under? That is one nice looking plant.

8. @Talkative thanks! Grown under 4 HLG Qb120s.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Impressive, It looks like it's been sitting under 600w hps. I like the way you spread out the canopy with the net. It's really nice to see a plant where all the buds have a good chance at the light. I better check out one of those Mephistos, looks like they have some good genetics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice! What size tent is that in? I'm gonna be using 4-132's with an HLG-320H-36A. I ask about the size cuz you guys have me thinking I'm gonna go with 4 plants in a 39 x 39 inch tent (2 OD's and 2 FC's). Do you think it will be to crowded?

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Talkative, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    You can be crowded with one plant or 8 plants. Depends on pot size and pruning and growing method. The good thing is you have enough light to cover your whole tent. And if you are growing autos you can plant a seed anytime you have room. In my experience, 7 gallons is the maximum size for an auto and more volume will simply not be used. In 5 gallons my plants take up a little more than 2x2. In 1 gallons I can keep them at almost 1x1. 1 gallon is not for beginners as there is no margin for error. 3 gallon containers is a good average size. You can grow large or small in 3 gallons. Start those seeds one at a time. Sow one, get it off to a good start, then sow another one, on and on. Only one seedling at a time. You will learn from the older plants what to do. Save you a lot of wasted time compared to filling the whole tent from the gitgo and then 60 days in realizing what you are going to do next and no room, just sitting around waiting to correct your mistakes. If you have not already purchased containers consider genuine name brand Air-pots or fabric bags. The bags get tossed after the grow, the Air-pots last forever. I use fabric bags because I grow in perlite and the fabric provides even moisture and I can feel how wet they are. Drain to waste I prefer Air-pots. But you've got the light so the future is wide open.
    edit: Oh yeah and I would be remiss not to mention the good old 2 gallon food grade hempy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. She got a little bigger than I thought she would. I originally had her in a 2.5x2.5.I topped her early and she never slowed down. Eventually moved her to 4x4 to finish off. really tried to keep her under the footprint of the light as much as I could. Super cropped her and had to use the stupid net for support. I enjoy Mephisto tho. They have some nice strains.

• Like Like x 2
  13. She was in a 4x4 tent. 4 might be a little crowded in there. Like @Talkative said tho. The ODs can be medium to large. And FC could be also be in between. Both awesome strains but you could honestly prob grow 1 of each with some nice training and yield decently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I find myself rethinking again and again. I was gonna start 3 (2 of one and one of another). Now looking at your monster FC under QB's I'm thinking taking your advice and go one of each. I would lst them both. I'm gonna be using Nectar all the way including Nectar #4 soil in 3 gal fabric pots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Where do you buy your Mephisto seeds? Everywhere I look they are out of stock, don't ship too USA or priced totally silly like $40 for one seed. I had to quit Seedsman when they sent me a cracked seed taped to a greeting card, so looking for new vendors.

16. I’ve been going directly through Mephisto. They ship out of Colorado so don’t have to worry about customs. They usually get them to me within 5 days of placing order.+ their freebies are insane.
    I just recently placed an order with them on Black Friday. Paid for 5 seeds. They sent me 15. Always a bonus with them.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Yeah I paid for 5 and received 15 as well. I wouldn’t expect THAT quantity to be the “normal” but do know you very well could receive 2-4x what you paid for. You’ll get atleast double. They’re really good people. I was able to edit my order after paying. It’s literally a handful of dudes like you and me....that want to make the best auto flowering cannabis plants possible.

To anyone reading who hasn’t tried Mephisto gear, what’s your hangup? A lot of us are US growers. You’ll have your beans in less than 5 days. They come out to cheaper than any other breeder. And produce the best smoke I’ve grown yet? Along with many others? Give em a try. You’ll like it!

18. Paid for 3 pack of NCH and a 3 pack of OD, got 5 NCH, 5 OD and 5 FC as freebies directly from Mephisto. They are closed right now through the holidays and open back up on the 3rd.

• Like Like x 2