Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Athsma

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by zyxwv88, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Ok, I have some questions about athsma and MMJ.

My wife has athsma that usually isn't bad, but sometimes she needs her inhaler. I had heard that weed was good for athsma, so I had her try some a couple times. When smoking, it would make things worse for a while with all the coughing, but then it would be back to normal. When I got a vape, I had her try it and it wasn't nearly as bad, but it didn't really help much.

Anyone that uses it for athsma that can give any hints or tips as to what the problem might be?

2. Cannabis is an expectorant and therefore activates the natural cleaning systems of the lungs, such as coughing and also relaxs and expands the lungs allowing a higher volume of air to enter :smoke:

It is exceptionally good for asthma and the use of the vape prevents infection from toxins from combusted plant materials. Ensure that your wife takes larger hits from the vapes which then need to be pulled deep into the lungs by further inhalation after the hit - roughly 20% lung capacity.

Also ensure that she practices deep breathing with some holding after her quota of bud, this will help shift mucus, expand overall lung capacity and ease the tension out the muscles involved with contraction of the esophagus and the lungs themselves. :p

Best thing she can honestly do is pick up a wind instrument and play away; I used to have chronic asthma as a child and my playing literally made it vanish! :D

All the best, happy toking :smoke: