Atheism Challenged

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PuffDragon76, Sep 15, 2009.

1. it sounds preachy bc this is a debate.
    you have to prove your side.

thats why.
    sheeesh

2. "Absence of proof is not proof of absence."

3. This is true. But Absence of proof DOES prove that IF there is a God, he doesn't give a rat's ass about us. If he cared, he'd prove it, don't ya think?

4. Exactly, claiming there is or is not is useless because there is no basis for any of it, there shouldn't even be an argument there, who knows?

But since there is an argument, I'll admit I lean more towards Atheism, because Theism seems to cause a lot of trouble.

5. Werd. This is truth, right here. Anyone who thinks they KNOW is just fooling themselves, lol.

6. Perhaps, but just because you can't see any impact from any such god, does not mean it is not present.

7. And it doesn't mean there IS such an impact. See how we just circled around yet again?

8. Prove to me that god DOES exist, and you contradicted everything you said pretty much because your the only one making threads about it and your little church people knock on my door every week trying to convert people into there religion. So tell me, how the fuck do we want attention when your the people running around trying to convert people, fuck you.

9. No... See, I said if he CARED about us there would be proof of his existence. So if there IS a God, he doesn't care about the human race. Lack of proof means IF he is there, he doesn't give a shit. If he cared, he'd show it some how.

10. Dude, not worth it. Going down this road (or any road for that matter) with a religious person, more namely a Christian, will net you nil.

I'll make the argument for them:

"if he CARED about us there would be proof of his existence."
    BUT THERE IS PROOF! IN THE BIBLE!

11. The sky is blue.

It'd be nice if the two statements were equally assumed.

12. ^God.

13. i was honestly really stoned and didn't see that this thread had 7 pages, i was replying to the OP. hahahaah.

sorrrrrry

14. Just because you don't recognize the proof, doesn't mean its not there.

Edit: And for the record, I don't believe in any god myself.

15. I'm confused, lol.

And for the record... The sky is clear. We just see it as blue due to the angle of the light hitting it. This is why the sky changes colors during dawn/dusk.

Noooo... See, if there was a God, who CARED, he'd prove his existence. Just about every bit of "proof" a person could come up with, for the existence of God, can be explained with natural causes... This is speculation, not proof.

If there were a God, who CARED, he would make it so there is no question - wouldn't you think. Currently, there is no solid PROOF of god - just speculation, and things that COULD be evidence... But again, there is no conclusive proof that there is a god.

So either there is no god, or there is - and he does not care enough to PROVE to us he exists.

16. Dude.. Why even bring this topic up it makes me soooo frustrated hah... Your testing atheists beliefs for testing christian beliefs.. I am drunk so this might not make too much sense but.. Generally speaking religion kills... It's so damn controversial I am an "atheist" and i believe EVERYONE having their own beliefs as long as they don't persecute others for others beliefs, don't judge, religion is stupid in my eyes because first of all it doesn't make sense when you look at it from a logical and scientific perspective second of all it has broken up to many families/peoples and has started wars, and genocide.. i think if there were ANY higher form of life they would take a person with my views and respect them.. What kind of foolish god would let millions die over his selfishness if one does exist i will reject him even for the worst "afterlife" it's just plain cruel and doesn't make sense.. if there was a god earth would be a utopia but guess what it isn't... religion for the most part in my honest opinion is to cope with death and to avoid the fact nothing happens.. we have a consciousness of death that's why we are the only species on earth with gods.. it is just to give false hope of seeing loved ones after they die.. because it is hard thinking that you will never be able to see them again

thats all for me .. BLAZE, also love ;) we need more of that in this cruel world

welcome to the real world biaattchhh :p

17. The Bible is the word of man, and is not proof. The fact that it contains valid doctrinal contradictions just goes to PROVE that God did not write it. Any Christian who wants to use the Bible as proof should go check out my "From Christian To Agnostic" thread. I can confidently say that I've (quite literally) disproven the Bible, using nothing more than its own texts.

18. I don't pretend to understand the intentions or thoughts of what is most likely an imaginary deity. Though, its fine if you do. Nor do I pretend that my limited human understanding really verifies anything at all, but again, its fine if you do. :p

19. care

[​IMG] /kɛər/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [kair] [​IMG] Show IPA noun, verb, cared, car⋅ing.Use care in a Sentence

See web results for care

See images of care

–noun 1. a state of mind in which one is troubled; worry, anxiety, or concern: He was never free from care. 2. a cause or object of worry, anxiety, concern, etc.: Their son has always been a great care to them. 3. serious attention; solicitude; heed; caution: She devotes great care to her work. 4. protection; charge: He is under the care of a doctor. 5. temporary keeping, as for the benefit of or until claimed by the owner: He left his valuables in the care of friends. Address my mail in care of the American Embassy. 6. grief; suffering; sorrow.
    –verb (used without object) 7. to be concerned or solicitous; have thought or regard. 8. to be concerned or have a special preference (usually used in negative constructions): I don't care if I do. 9. to make provision or look out (usually fol. by for): Will you care for the children while I am away? 10. to have an inclination, liking, fondness, or affection (usually fol. by for): Would you care for dessert? I don't care for him very much.
    –verb (used with object) 11. to feel concern about: He doesn't care what others say. 12. to wish; desire; like: Would you care to dance?
    -Idioms 13. couldn't care less, could not care less; be completely unconcerned: I couldn't care less whether she goes to the party or not. Also, could care less. 14. take care, a. be alert; be careful: Take care that you don't fall on the ice! b. take care of yourself; goodbye: used as an expression of parting. 15. take care of, a. to watch over; be responsible for: to take care of an invalid. b. to act on; deal with; attend to: to take care of paying a bill.

So I say again. If God existed, and CARED about us, would he not provide some form of undeniable proof? To not do so, would indicate that he doesn't care, no?

Yes, if there is a God, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. But not providing proof of his existence, would show that he doesn't much care about his creation. ;)

20. #120 ArgoSG, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
    Lets not forget

-the tsunamis where tens of thousands die.
    -the back pain we suffer from because bipedalism doesn't go over that well with our spines.
    -the little girls that get raped and tortured.
    -and every single precious, conscious interacting human life which is robbed of their visit on earth because of an ancient mind disease called religion.

And what's the answer you hear from religious people when 'how loving their god' is brought to question? Everyone has heard this embarrassingly inadequate scrap:

"Oh, God just works in mysterious ways. We cannot know God's plan, just have faith.