At what stage of flowering do plants turn hermie?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gop, Jul 13, 2008.

1. I germinated 5 bag seeds, the thing is 5 out of 5 turned female, and as you know that is 1/36 chance. I don't think im that lucky, so im thinking the bud must have been polinated by a hermie, coz hermie polen can produce female or hermie, never male. So far im starting the 3rd week of flowering, popcorn bud sites started forming and so far no signs of balls. At what stage do hermies usually develop balls? Am I safe?

2. I'm no expert on hermies, but I know the female plants start showing sex before the males, not by much though. So if you can clearly see the female flowers and no sign of male sacs, I'd put my money on them all being female.

3. ive had bagseed hermie 5-6 weeks into flowering. keep a very close eye. most of the hermie balls started low in the popcorn buds and worked there way up.

regards,
    linedrivr

4. True hermies show about the same time - half the plant grows male while the other female. Female plants can pop male flowers at any point in their lives. There are a ton of variables and it all depends on the plant.

5. A female mj plant can go hermie at any point all the way up to when it is chopped. Over stressing a plant whether it is ph, over trimming, light issues, or nute issues can cause the plant to go hermie at ANY point.

6. ive found that they are most vunirable to hermi in the 1st 4wks, but can happen & anytime. if a plant goes hermi, it takes 6wks for seeds to fully mature

7. when you say it takes 6 weeks for seeds to fully mature, you mean 6 weeks of flowering and when you harvest? Wondering because I think my two girls are turning into hermi's and im on my 3rd week of flowering. I was pretty dissapointed but isnt it true that they harvest good seeds that will most likely turn into females next time round?

8. So for the most part, plants seem to turn hermie during the first few weeks of flower? What are the very first signs of hermies?

9. that's so inaccurate it's almost criminal to even pass along as helpful information.Males usually show first.And the correct answer to the question,anytime

10. can heat stress cause f turn hermie?

11. completely agree males show before females. I currently have a little grow going and 1 plant was male, one was hermi, one was female which i obviously kept the female. But the male showed soonest the hermi showed a little bit after the male and the female showed a few days after the male because its a female.