At what age did you feel the need to move out?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stride420, Sep 15, 2012.

1. I'm not talking about like you want to blaze and your parents won't let you but the fact that you are growing up and becoming your own person, formulating your own opinions and them putting their input in everything and trying to change your opinions is too annoying. What age was that for you?

2. 12? My dad can be an asshole and any opportunity to get out of this house would be awesome. Had one.. but somehow was tricked into not leaving.

3. 16. Left when I graduated high school at 17. Been gone since.

4. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']16. Left when I graduated high school at 17. Been gone since.[/quote]

How's that been working out? Moving out at 16? How hard was it?

5. I moved out at 17.

It was hard, but I had saved every penny I had made since I started working at 14. Had a nice 9Gs saved up, and moved from VA to Norcal, where I've been living sense.

I'm in a lot of debt because of school, but meh. I'm happy, and that's all that counts.

6. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

I moved out at 17.

It was hard, but I had saved every penny I had made since I started working at 14. Had a nice 9Gs saved up, and moved from VA to Norcal, where I've been living sense.

I'm in a lot of debt because of school, but meh. I'm happy, and that's all that counts.[/quote]

Lol idk why I said 16. Hey you did what you had to do and that's respectable. I'd rep you(idk if my rep would even make a difference) but I'm on my phone.

7. I also feel like it's necessary to point out that I moved out before the whole housing market crash and subsequent economic turmoil that has been plaguing this country for the past 5 years.

It's much harder to do nowadays. You really need to have money saved up, and a plan. You can't just have a go at it and hope everything will work out in your favor.

8. I want to do it now. but im broke, 21 btw.

9. I would give up a lot of things for a chance to get out on my own. But as an 18 year old with a high school diploma, entry level retail job, no college education, and just a little over $500 to my name... not gonna happen any time soon.

10. 17.. best thing I ever did. I have a great relationship with my parents but I wanted a change of scenery.

11. [quote name='"nom de guerre"']17.. best thing I ever did. I have a great relationship with my parents but I wanted a change of scenery.[/quote]

Yeah man I know exactly what you mean. I too have a pretty good relationship with them but change is needed badly.

12. I was 21 but was barely there anyways..I had to pay rent and was finally like "either I pay u rent and live here forever or I save up and move out" so that's what I did..each year I would move somewhere else with my tax return

13. I'm 27 and haven't had the urge to move out yet.

14. I was 21 when I moved out, because I wanted to move closer to my job, which was kind of far away. I never felt I had to move out. My parents understood I was an adult and I can make adult choices.

15. [quote name='"Ulfhethnar"']I'm 27 and haven't had the urge to move out yet.[/quote]

Why not? My brother is 24 and I feel like it's about time he moved out but he's too damn lazy.

16. I need to get in good physical and economic shape before i even start thinking about moving out..

17. because

and I get along fine with my parents. They'll pick me up anytime I drink too much. Mom's a good cook. No bills.

18. [quote name='"Ulfhethnar"']

because

and I get along fine with my parents. They'll pick me up anytime I drink too much. Mom's a good cook. No bills.[/quote]

Damn dude no offense but sounds like you need to get your shit together. Let me guess. No girlfriend either?

19. I didn't feel the same way you do, but I moved out at 18. Now I'm just hoping that my parents don't need so much care that they have to move in with me...

20. around 16 or 17, however at the moment I'm 22 and loving it living with my parents still. Hated it at the time when I had restrictions and shit. But how they don't care what I do, what time I come or go, no rules on me and let me live here free. Gotta love that.