At the Drive-In

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Reflection Eternal, Aug 22, 2008.

1. At the Drive In is a little more difficult to get into than most of the bands I know and love. All the songs I heard from them at first I hated, and literally years later I fell in love with them.

But how can you listen to Metronome Arthritis, Quarantined, or One-Armed Scissor and not say they're badass? Napoleon Solo is also one of my favorites. Are there any other fans? Any other similar songs that kick ass that I don't know about? :hello:

2. I love At the Drive-In... haven't listened to them in a while though. Have you checked out The Mars Volta? It's the singer and guitarist from ATDI with a bunch of other musicians. Their first album was incredible.

3. At The Drive In is dope for sure. Enfilade and One Armed Scissor are the joints! Relationship Of Command is a great album. I never really got into The Mars Volta though. I don't know why. I heard the first Sparta record, which is another band featuring members of At The Drive In, and that was pretty cool.

4. #4 Do The Dramatic, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    At The Drive-In are my favourite band!

My absolute favourite song is Star Slight...sooo good. That being said, Acrobatic Tenement is my all-time favourite ATD-I album, followed closely by the Alfaro Vive, Carajo!, El Gran Orgo and Vaya EP's.

As for off shoots of this band...I can stand The Mars Volta (De-Loused is a pretty stallar album; Frances the Mute is okaaaay; and as for Amputechture and The Bedlam in Goliath...well, they're barely listenable) and I absolutely hate Sparta.

5. ATDI is amazing. It was time for the group to split up, though.

I really wish they had been able to stick together and combine the experimental, textured music of TMV with the more traditional structure and melodies of Sparta. To a certain extent, that's what ATDI was; unfortunately, they weren't together long enough to progress much.

6. I've never heard of them before, but I saw the Mars Volta open for the Red hot Chili Peppers (best concert ever).

What would any ATDI fans reccommend for me to check out?