Astral Projection (Lucid Dreams)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PuertoRicanInMD, Mar 27, 2006.

1. If acts as a lever to lift you out of the world of actuality into the realm of imagination.
    Give yourself a reason to experience something, create a story within your mind.

2. ok, so i tried again for the first time in a while. I definately did not make it as far this time. It was 230 PM and i thought id give it a try. I put on a AP inducing recording and tried to relax myself, and once again my heart started racing. I kept trying to relax but it was extremely frustrating. I decided to just act as i would if i was going to sleep and then as i became more and more relaxed, to try again. That alone took a lot of work, at one point it felt like i had reached the next level of relaxation and i thought the vibrations were coming next, but when i focused i became lest relaxed and was back to stage 1. My fingers felt slightly tingly and that was it. I am having a lot of trouble with this and it is really getting on my nerves.

I will try again tonight when i am possibly more relaxed but my bet is i will fall asleep.

I dont know what the problem is, i kept telling myself "i will make it out, i will make it out, relax, relax" and nothing would work. I think if i would have tried for longer i could have gotten to the vibrations but it was just too damn hard. My mind would always avert to something going on in present time in my room. And also it was in the afternoon and my bros could be home anytime.

Maybe i will do better later but it is just tough as hell, i need something to help me relax and keep my mind focused so i will not pay as much attention to my heart and other things in my head.

AHHH IM SO ANGRYYYY.... HELPPP
    DRO

3. one word get a (metronome) tick tick tick tick . control your levels and stages your self . you when you are the most related set the metornome to a nice slow pace yet when you condition to ithat pace , than when you go to AP slow the pace just alittle more it will let you controll your level of desent . thats whats stopping you IMHO

4. Don't try to do it.
    Know you can do it.

Tis the only way.

5. i agree you can not force AP

6. I'm bringing this thread back from the dead.

I spent time reading through it last night and decided it was once again time to work on lucid dreaming/AP and try to actually stick with it this time.

Puerto's personal experience and descriptions of those experiences gave me some motivation and an idea of what I should expect, so I decided it was worth a try (I mean who wouldn't want to be able to AP?)

I read over the few named methods described, but didn't really use any except the forearm lift to keep me awake. I just relaxed my body, more relaxing, deep inhalations/comfortable exhalations at first until my body was perfectly relaxed, i then started breathing normally.

There was a point at which I was able to feel the vibrations described, accompanied by a fast and heavy heartbeat, and i tried to keep my mind shy of it so i could focus on projecting my body. With my eyes closed, the objects I was imagining (I was performing this while trying to imagine a candle & flame *idk why, just seemed logical*) became much more strongly depicted in my mind. I remember that the vibrations and heartbeat were getting strong and I could clearly see in my mind a cat for some reason, but then my sister started to blow-dry her hair (at fucking 12:30AM!) and I snapped out of concentration.

I plan on continuing this for months until I manage to Astrally Project, while simultaneously working on methods to begin lucid dreaming. I'll keep this thread updated with my experiences for any skeptics out there.

Smoke on :cool:

7. I used to be pretty good at lucid dreaming. I had a total of 8, some were pretty short because I forgot I was dreaming soon after by just being simply swept away by the circumstances of the dream.

My favorite dream though, I was in a rollercoaster, but I realized I wasn't buckled in and it was already moving. Suddenly it hit its first loop and I found myself hanging from the bar instead of sitting on the seat. On the next loop I again came out of my seat and this time I thought, this is a pretty eccentric situation and realized that I was dreaming. It had to be going up on the loop that I realized it cause I let go of the bar voluntarily to try to fly, and amazingly enough I guess it was enough to satisfy the physics of my head cause it was the first time I was able to fly. I few up towards the clouds and I saw an inversed (towers facing the Earth) castle made of clouds coming out of one of them out of one of them. But as soon as I hit the clouds I woke up.

Blue = lucid.

And looking back, I think the whole scenario is a good metaphor for life and death.

8. I'd like to add to my post from earlier that after deciding I was just going to try and sleep and fall into a lucid dream (which didn't happen but I didn't try all that hard) I moved to get in a comfortable sleep position. When i did this my arms and legs felt extremely heavy and lethargic.

I think with enough practice I may be able to do this fairly well, if the fact that I felt these vibrations on my first night of trying are any indication. If after months and months I am still only able to feel my body vibrate I'll look into health reasons for it and disprove the idea of AP to myself at least. But we'll see.

(I'm actually pretty excited to go to bed now haha)

9. well, i was very skeptical about this at first. but i think im becoming a believer now. i was just messin around earlier tonight seein if i could get to the astral plane. this will be my second night attempting it. but i got really intense body vibrations. and i know for a fact it was not placebo. no doubt in my mind, my body was just vibrating hardcore for about 20 seconds and from what i understand, i also believe i felt my astral self trying to get out but then i lost my concentration cuz that was the first time i got that far, and i got excited. then about 20 seconds after i lost it, i got it back for another 10 seconds. the vibrations were really intense, seizure-like intense. but then i lost it again and woke up completely and decided to post about it on GC. if i can get to the astral plane, that will be awesome. for only day 2 of trying this, i think im progressing decently. the first night i had some feeling, but it was nothing compared to tonight and i think the first nights was probably a placebo.

i will also note, mortikai has like 10 other people trying to AP in our town, and im one who got sucked in but im glad that i did cuz i think it could be real after feeling those vibrations/rapid heartbeat. and i really think it would be awesome to visit the astral plane if you indeed can.

10. Heres a theory that came to me in the shower a few moments ago: It is common for people to think ghosts exist and testify that they have "felt" them or seen them mess with the mood of a room. Well, what if these ghosts are actually people, dead or alive, that are in AP? It was stated earlier that the AP state is cooler in temperature which is also a common characteristic of ghosts. Just a thought....any feedback would be great

11. How can we leave the body with weed?

12. ^^ You aren't using weed to leave your physical body. The concept is over using the relaxing properties of the drug to more easily relax the muscles of your body to better con your body into falling asleep while keeping your mind awake through concentrated meditation.

13. well last night i either projected myself or had a lucid dream. i was laying in bed and i started to get those vibrations and what not after relaxing hardcore. then i started to feel and hear suction in my body, it sounded like wind going over a tiny hole. then i heard a pop or something and then everything was so peaceful. it felt as is my soul or astral self float up. then the next thing i know im flying around some crazy shit which was a lot like that one level of mario 64 where you just fly around and collect the red coins in that level. but there was just so much color and i remember thinking, hmm where do i want to go. i guess i woke up after that cuz i dont remember anything after it. but damn that was fun, whether it have been a lucid dream or astral projection.

i will also note, just for the sake of noting, that my fan was turned off when i came to. i went to bed with it on. when i woke up it was off, the switch was turned off. it didnt somehow get unplugged during the night. and it just so happens last night i locked my bedroom door and the only living beings in my room were me and my dog. so unless my dog did it, i must have. but i honestly have no idea when i did. is it possible that my astral self turned it off or is that impossible? or i could have slept walk and did that. or something else turned it off. but i know for a fact that my fan was on when i fell "asleep"

14. i understand completely what you mean... i am fairly natural at AP/OBE, and have successfully done it about 5-10 times, but for a few months i had the same experiences where i would hear this loud buzzing noise and it would continue to get louder until POP, i would be separated from my body and float out my window into wherever i wanted to go.

anyways, glad to see some other people are having success as well, i wish you good luck on your future practices, and the rewards will ultimately be great

DRO

15. it was definately an awesome experience. theres no other feeling like the seperation of the soul and body. it doesnt hurt or anything, its just a feeling you have never experienced before unless you have felt it first hand. needless to say it was the weirdest feeling ive ever had. but i wasnt scared at all. and that suction/pop noise was just crazy sounding. its still so clear in my mind what it sounded like.

16. I'm just realizing that I may have APed before.

I've had dreams where I've realized I was dreaming. When I was little, for some reason I'd realize I was dreaming and start taking my clothes off ( /shrug ). Recently though, I'll dream of my grandmother who recently passed. In these dreams, I'll see her very 'vividly', like down to every detail as she was when she was still here. I'll hug her, feel her warmth, exactly how she felt when she was here. That's pretty much all I remember from it. I think I realize I'm dreaming when I see her because I realize she died and that I must be dreaming. Actually I'm quite sure of that.

I've been looking into it since I heard other people experience stuff like that and they actually have a word for it.

I'd really love to work on this. My grandmother was the most loving being on this planet. She passed recently and a bunch of shit hit me at once. I realized all the times I've lost patience with her because she's old and turned mean on her. I was so fucking mean to her at times, and around age 13 I feel like I stopped caring for her... if this is real, which I think it is, I'd like to make my peace with her.

17. hey um, im really interested in this stuff too, but um, quick question? how to do u get BACK to your physical body? like you know, if youre a million miles a way, on a different planet, in a different dimension... how to do you get back to youre physical body, without getting..."lost"?

18. Enjoy it. Your lucid dreams/astral projections never (not for me atleast) last as long as you want them to.

19. From what I've read, all you have to do is 'be' where you want to be. Like in a dream, sort of. So if you wanted to visit the gas station down the street, you'd be there.

20. all my friends, or some of them atleast think im making it up. but you cant make up those physical feelings. if it was just a lucid dream or whatever they are trying to say it is. why are there these crucial physical feelings/sounds. i know i wasnt asleep when i left my body because i still heard my fan. and my friends are trying to say i was asleep. i know i wasnt.