Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asthmatics: do you use weed to control your asthma?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Batmanchu, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Here's the deal: I just got back yesterday from Spring Break, where my asthma got wrecked by my family's pets. I literally just ran out of my rescue inhaler, and can't get a new one for two months. Normally, I don't need it at school, where I normally don't have problems. Knowing that marijuana is a bronchiodialator, do you think I could vape some, and have my tiny amount of wheezing go away?

I went without needing my inhaler for about 3 months before this, so, if I don't have it it won't be a problem.

2. Honestly, at least for me it doesnt help in these cases. If anything I feel worse. But then again I do tend to smoke a lot in one sesh after at least a weeks t-break in between since im a social smoker and dont get to chill much more often than that. Some say it helps, and once in a while I feel pretty good after as far as ease of breathing is concerned, but mix cats into the equation and im pretty fubar'd.

3. I don't have asthma but I have a few friends who do that smoke. They all say that it helps their asthma. Using a vape or a bong would be best.

4. I have pretty mild asthma, and I've found smoking keeps it pretty mellow, vaping even better. But if I feel like my breathing is tight, and I smoke, its all downhill from there.

5. Opens me right up and I don't even vape so blaze on!

6. This.

7. Ehh. If your going to use the herb with asthma, I suggest cooking it or vaping. I have bad asthma and I just smoke it. I usually don't have a problem but I always keep my inhaler within reach. Gotta stay safe!

8. i have severe asthma, smoking helps but i usually cough a lot first before it kicks in, vaping works wonders tho.

9. I've had asthma all my life, and just recently the past 3 years smoking and the past year vaping I can tell you from my experience that vaping helps open my lungs up whenever my asthma is acting up. Works wonders.. wouldn't suggest smoking though.

10. I recently ran out of my Pro air inhaler an was scared at first, but haven't gotten a refill yet because I feel medical marijuana is really helping me.

I've found that kush's work very well for my asthma. Vapor being the best method.

Just this morning I awoke around 5 am and had some tightness breathing. I took two big bong tokes and about 5 mins later I was breathing fine. If your having some minor asthma I suggest trying a kush strain and waiting a few minutes after you smoke and record the results.