Assuming that there is a god...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Blocko, Jun 3, 2004.

1. And he/she/it created everything including drugs. Would that mean that the spiritual expreience that some feel when they take like acid or shrooms or something, be kind of god's way of showing us that he/she/it exists?

Or even as a way to communicate or understand the universe?

2. Man made lsd, not God. If he is all knowing(hard to swallow), then maybe he knew it was possible that one day, someone may synthesize it or something, but unlikely. Shrooms, on the other hand, grow naturally. But I don't think they're a way to get closer to anything, rather further away(If you would have seen my friend drooling on himself, he wasn't getting in touch with anything!).

3. oh, I was unaware that lsd with a synthesized acid. My bad.

4. god made the man that made acid....

but i was thinking about this the other day, you know the garden of eden, and the apple, well the apple was put there by god, but that doesnt mean it was meant to be eaten. Catch my drift?

fuck that though im still smoking as mch as i can get my hands on

5. so you think drugs are a test of our will?

I suppose that makes sense. every drug has a downside, you could consider that as a "banishment from eden"

6. i dont think anything, i think about things. thats just something i was thinking about, not neccisarely something i think or believe. even if its true, im here to have a good time, whatever comes next, good or bad, so be it.

7. i've always thought that if God put weed on this planet, and made it so it gives us these sensations, then why would he not want us to enjoy it?

in the bible, it says something along the lines of "i give you all green plants for your use" i can't remember the exact words.

weed is a green plant.

unless i'm colour blind

8. heroin also comes from a natural thing, remember that. goddamn dont fuckin mix drugs and god up....they dont go together

9. i think every plant has a purpose on god's earth, even poppies i.e. Heroin, where would we be without Morphine, to help kill the pain for the critically ill in so much pain, or the soldier on the battlefield, with 1/2 a leg

but everthing that god created can also be abused.........from drugs, to women, to hell even faith........like people who abuse their position, even priests.......

i beleive it's what we do that judges us later in life.........ps did you's know that the apple in the garden of Eden is supposed to represent Sex?

Peace out..........Sid

10. Incorrect.

If god exists then he made everything. EVERYTHING.

And EVERYTHING is natural. Natural eludes to things that are born on this earth, grown on this earth, ya know. Everything except space shit is born and raised here on planet earth, including what we use to make LSD.

So acid is actually an organic product.

11. if you wanna be pedantic about it, LSD isn't a naturally occuring product. it's synthesised by man. made from Ergot, a fungus which is naturally occuring.

of course, i could be even more pedantic and say that anything in existance whether "man made" or not is gods creation, because man wouldn't be able to make LSD from ergot if god hadn't intended it to be that way.

*chuckles*

12. Now you're getting it.

and I only said that because I really dislike when people take away the credit that LSD deserves.

13. I like that :)

Just because God put something here on the earth, doesn't mean he intended for us to use it. And about the "every green plant" thing, it's actually "every herb bearing seed... for meat" (ie for food). Weed is not an herb. :)

Edit: Sid, I'd like to see your sources for the apple representing sex. Biblically, God didn't want man to be robots and follow Him because there was no other choice, so He gave Adam and Eve a choice. Don't eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The only thing they were instructed not to do, they did. It was a test of their obedience to God. They were actually meant to multiply (have sex and children).

14. By saying that man created alocohol or LSD is, of course, true. But in all actuality, they are a creation of (if you believe in one) your "God." He/she/it has supplied the living upon our Earth with the many different components that are combined to produce these drugs. Each individual compound and solution is only the combination of your God's creations (if I apply known beliefs of God as creator).

15. Yup, that's true... Doesn't mean we're supposed to use everything that can be created. Take rat poison for example. God created the stuff we use to make it... That doesn't mean we should all go around eating it though. My point is simply this: just because it exists doesn't mean it was meant to be eaten.

16. Use or abuse, that is the question really, the reason I say this is because rat poison (strychnine) in small amounts actualy works as an aphrodisiac, so therefore you can use it.

I don't believe there is anything we shouldn't use but there are lots of things we should never abuse.

17. I'll agree that there's a lot of things we shouldn't abuse. I was only trying to make the point that just because it's hear doesn't mean it was meant for us to injest. Take nerve gas for example. There are poisons that will kill you if even 1 drop of it gets on your skin. Were these meant for us to eat? I doubt it. They may have useful benefits for other things, but that doesn't mean that it's intended for us to eat. Catch my drift?

18. so what do YOU use to get rid of rats?
    who said you had to eat rat poison to get rid of rats? why not put some on a piece of cheese on the floor.. there i used it, solved my rat problem and didn't have to eat it.

maybe the herbs are meant to be eaten (for meat as you say) but weeds can be meant for other things (like smoking). so herbs are to eaten and anything that doesn't fall under that category of herbs aren't under god's law? what? he didn't say that we can't smoke weed. would it be considered a fruit? i don't think so (even though it has seeds).. so ok. now i know that christianity teaches that we shouldn't eat weed since it's not an herb.

19. You need to stop twisting what I said. I was simply stating the fact that not everything created was for our concumption. If you read my previous post you'd see I wrote something along the lines of:

"I was only trying to make the point that just because it's hear doesn't mean it was meant for us to injest. Take nerve gas for example. There are poisons that will kill you if even 1 drop of it gets on your skin. Were these meant for us to eat? I doubt it. They may have useful benefits for other things, but that doesn't mean that it's intended for us to eat. Catch my drift?"

"so ok. now i know that christianity teaches that we shouldn't eat weed since it's not an herb."

Christianity teaches that you shouldn't abuse things to get stoned.

20. Again we face the problem of individual opinions of the meaning of the word "consume" or employ.

A consumer is a person who makes use of a given product.
    The use is defined by the product, you wouldn't try to eat diamonds, nor would you try to drive a jar of peanut butter.

As for use or abuse where is the defining line between the two?