Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Aspergers and Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Skylarkingus, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Hi there!!

I have a son with Aspergers and he's only used cannabis twice in Oregon. He stuck to edibles and it seemed he was able to be more social. His anxiety dropped!

For others with Aspergers, I'm wondering how it affects impulse control and the COD type behavior??

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 InvasionANC, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    As someone that "suffers" from Asperger's, I always highly recommend at least trying cannabis. It certainly isn't a cure all for every symptom, but it makes coping with social inadequacies a bit easier for some. For me it would really depend on the high and the situation. It doesn't necessarily quell my social anxieties around unfamiliar groups, but it made it easier for me to form lasting relationships in comfortable settings where I could smoke and feel free of judgement. All my obsessive, analytical behavior went on the back burner and I actually enjoyed making intimate connections. It gave me a better sense of "normalcy" and helped me to understand my emotional experiences. Most people would still regard me as a bit weird and off-putting at times. I am very blunt and unapologetic if I feel I'm in the right and I don't think that will ever change.

Basically, yes and no. I believe it is different from person to person, especially considering the plethora of symptoms directly related to autism spectrum disorders.

Ayahuasca Purple Grow Journal Nirvana Grow Journal

Just 4 Growers Just 4 Growers: YouTube

3. i have aspergers, adhd, anxiety, and bipolar disorder as well as having problems sleep

It helps my anxiety, calms my adhd, evens my bipolar moments, and grants me a night's sleep

weed is amazing imo, and it has benefited my disorders a lot in my particular experience.

and medicines didn't help me near as well as weed does lol

i'm able to just chill out and talk to people