Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asking the guy who works at the head shop for a connection?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Username48, Jul 21, 2011.

1. So as of right now i don't have a good, solid connection. I don't know any dealers. I usually get my stuff through my friend who gets it through his brother who gets it through a dealer. However, what i get isn't consistent in quality. The stuff i got last time was Coffee Kush and on a dankness scale of 1-10 (1 being complete shwag and 10 being the super dank weed that rappers smoke) it was probably a 7 or 8, so some nice stuff. However, i'm not sure if i got ripped off or it was just dense bud (I have a pocket scale now so i can now check).

But all that doesn't bug me as much as how long it takes to actually get some weed, from the point i ask for it. It can take weeks, since the weed and the has to go through quite a few people before it reaches me. So i'm just looking for a good connection. I don't want to lose my current connection, it's a decent connect, i'm just interested in maybe finding multiple connections.

Anyhoo, to the point of the thread. The guy who runs my local head shop is a total stoner. Stoned eyes all the time, long dreadlocks, hippy shirts, etc. There is also a nice girl who works there who fits a similar profile. I've been there before and have bought a few things from them, and they both seem like nice people. Do you guys think it would be wise for me to ask one of them where i could find some weed? maybe ask one of them if they could hook me up with their dealer? I don't think it's a BAD idea, i'm just not sure how smart it is, and what the potential consequences might be. Any thoughts?

2. El Oh El

3. Lol i realize how that sounded when i wrote it. :p

4. Unless they were to think you were a part of the law enforcement, i'd say go for it

5. Go ahead. But tell them you lost your guy for "tobacco". Ask if they know anyone.

6. ask them if they burn or feel comfortable talking about such things. before you ever ask for weed start a conversation up or else they'll get paranoid lol.

7. i doubt they would actually help you out because they would think youre a fed or something. i mean if a random guy asked me to get him weed i would think it was sketchy

8. He should ask you to leave on the spot. Don't do it. It could be disrespectful for someone running a legit business. Most are weed snobs like myself who would just kick you our for asking.

9. hmmm... this is a tough decision. Maybe if i nonchalantly bring it up very casually as i'm looking at glass pipes. maybe just make small talk at first, and then just casually say something like "damn, i recently lost my connection. It's tough finding a new one." and see his/her reaction. I also might have better luck asking the girl than the guy. I've been wanting to buy a glass pipe lately anyways...

10. Don't do it. Most headshops around here have signs that say "for tobacco use only" and get really paranoid when anyone talks about mary jane in the store.

11. As a Planet K employee, I say go ahead... If they seem cool, you have nothing to lose. All they can do is tell you no... BUT.. Try to do it when they're off, or on brake... ;)

12. I agree. Could be their life's work and a huge investment at stake.

13. I don't see any harm in trying man. The worst they could do is say no. It's not like they're gonna call the cops, if anything they're afraid that you're a cop.

14. Some of you are saying that they might kick me out. I dunno, i've never seen a sign there that says "for tobacco use only". The main part of the store is just a place that sells useless novelty shit. There is a door in the back that says "Other stuff" above it with a marijuana leaf. They always check I.D if you ask to look at glass pieces or something, but they never actually look at the age or if it's even your I.D. every time i've shown him my I.D, i've been in the middle of pulling it out of my wallet to show him my age and picture, but before i can get it out, he says "That's cool dude, it's an I.D". lol. I think i might try my nonchalant method i mentioned earlier.

15. I think it's a great idea I think they will know ur cool cause u buy stuff from there and I'm sure they know how it can be finding a new connection

16. if they give off a good vibe go for it. the guy who runs a headshop i sometimes go too is a total chill stoner, is always obviously high, never cards anybody etc. i would definitly ask him for a connect, although he might get sketched out. however, a lot of headshops ive been to are run by like 45 year old middle eastern guys that card you upon entrance and dont let you use any weed terminology or anything like that. theyd probably ban you forever for asking for bud.

17. Leaning in and whispering, "yo man, you uhh.. got a TOBACCO connection i can get at"

18. lol i can just picture the creepy whispering. i think that might put him off a bit lol.

19. the headshops around where i live are run by russians who look like they wanna kill you or middle aged ladies so id say no but thats just me

20. No don't do it

Personally I would find it disrespectful

I don't even refer to weed at all when talking to my stoner headshop guys. And refer to bongs as water pipes