Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asking a dealer for scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CJBB, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Alright guys I'm driving to a new Hookups house. He hooks my friends up well and seems like a cool guy, but I was wondering if it'd be weird to ask him to weigh the 1/8th, since I'm not good at eyeballing. Thanks gc!

2. Not weird at all If he's a straight dude he will have no problem weighing your sack

3. There's no way that pun wasn't purposeful.

4. If it's a large amount sure why not. Especially if he agreed an 8th for x-amount$$$.
    If it's for a dime(1gram sac) then just take what he gives you unless it's a super rip off.

5. lol :)

6. just dont tell him how much ur buying until ur at his crib. then watch him weigh it. thats what i do anyways.

7. [quote name='"CannabisPassion"']

There's no way that pun wasn't purposeful.[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha I just noticed that

8. I've known many dealers to pre-weigh.

OP I'm sure it wouldn't be something they haven't been asked before...how they react though, that's completely up to the kind of person they are, I'd suggest handling it politely though and I can't see it becoming a problem for you - but then again, I've gone through good ones, and bad.

Generally speaking though guys I really think a good idea is to invest in some calibrated scales yourselves, I mean they're pretty cheap and you can use them to check things out in your own time and space. This way, you can play it cool and just look into it when you get home.
    If you find you're being shorted, then bring up that you weighed up and things were a little under - maybe they should recalibrate their scales.
    If they did it accidentally or on account of faulty equipment you have probably just helped them out while helping yourself out.
    If they did it deliberately they'll take the hint that you have the ability to weigh it yourself, and will likely fall in line.

9. you gotta judge the guy and if you ask.. how you ask. I've seen ppl buy and say they bought an 1/8, ask for it to be scaled up quick, weighs like 4.5 grams and then gets a new real 3.5 weighed up.. coulda been half way down the block with an extra g in your pocket! buy your own scale!

10. [quote name='"OG IronLungs"']you gotta judge the guy and if you ask.. how you ask. I've seen ppl buy and say they bought an 1/8, ask for it to be scaled up quick, weighs like 4.5 grams and then gets a new real 3.5 weighed up.. coulda been half way down the block with an extra g in your pocket! buy your own scale![/quote]

This! Get a scale. It makes your dealer feel better if you assume he's being straight with you.. I hate when I'm selling a bag and someone's all suspicious and acting like I'm ripping them off when I've given them no reason. Just weigh bags out after you get them and if youre shorted then just be like hey that last bag was a little short.

If you can't afford/ don't feel like buying a scale then yeah just be like hey could you weigh that out for me real quick, if he avoids it for any reason then he's not a straight dealer.

11. u can get an all right scale for like $15-20.. thats a small fraction of what youll be spending on bud anyways.. well worth it

12. Itd be better if you could just scale it youself after the deal but if you want him to scale it in front of you make sure you ask him before you meet up with him on the phone to make sure its cool.

13. what this guy^ said. also if he counts the money u hand him, what's the difference of you wanting to count the grams?

14. great comparison, i deal on and off every once in a while and i have no problem letting people see what they get. i absolutely hate chinces. if anything id rather give someone an extra .1 than give them .1 less

15. lolz it wasn't but thanks for thinking im that funny

16. I always scale up the first bag or two for people then after i just pre weigh it and no one ever has a problem.

17. Your best bet would be to get your own scale. They are cheap, you can get one for 10 bucks. Unless you are dealing with someone you have known for a while and trust their bags then I would weight out everytime you get home.